Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Dodgers] Cel Cel Cel, What do we have here?
Keep your off-topic stuff in spoilers please, you're disrupting the topic.
I already pointed out other classes that can autohit a dodger so I'm not gonna go into the "anything that isn't an evoker"
However, the fact that autohits are the only method of combat for dodge is because there are literally only 2 methods of combat. Autohitting and roll-to-hit attacks.
Vit, Res, and Def protect you from both, Cel only protects you against one. Having high base res and def make it statistically impossible to have high base cel. High vit has a somewhat better chance because Hyattrs are a thing but even they only have a 5% cel growth.

So you have two options:
1: Nerf or indirectly nerf dodge.
You can do this by buffing roll-to-hits in some form, nerfing evade, or nerfing the other stats most evade builds have to work with.
The issue with cel not working reliably is that it only works on 1 method of attacking and it generally comes with low vit so when it's not working vs basic attacks, it's not working on anything.

If it does change, my suggestion would be to create a diminishing return system for cel so that after a certain point, stacking tons of cel isn't as effective so there isn't a day and night difference between someone with 70% cel growth and 100% cel growth with +18 cel from mods. If you do that, you get a general number of evade to work with that applies to most dodge builds which makes it easier to adjust if needed and you take out the incentive to focus completely on dodge and make builds more flexible.

2. Change the way Cel works.
Cel is meant to protect you from 1 main source of combat, that's just how it works. If you try and make it so having good skill, one of the most commonly high stats because practically everything aside from mages use skill, has a good chance of hitting someone that stacks cel, they should at least have something to fallback on.
My suggestion for this is a partial evade system that reduces damage dealt by a % based on how well you dodge. This makes it so you don't need to dodge everything to be effective with a cel build and roll-to-hit attacks still get their damage and ability to crit so everyone wins.

Messages In This Thread