Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we talk about GS and Mass unsummon?
So while I know I am the main one currently playing this build let me just bring up some things from my point of view as someone who plays this build a lot. 

Let's Start with the Sthenno. I agree that it's a powerful thing but honestly if it was just reduced to 5+25% it would probably feel a bit more fair to deal with that instantly drops its total damage to 160 a turn if you are too close. 

When it comes to AOE dps. This is a 50/50 I have dealt with many people who carry enough aoe to wipe my crew the most common one being a jackhammer. There's very little a GS can do against that.

The Nuke I do have an opinion on this and have had an opinion for awhile that the Resistible Exponential version should be Great accuracy while the base version should still be the auto hit cause of its much lower damage potential with big bombs.

Now I will also bring up something I saw that Summons need a nerf, Truth be told Summons are worthless in most PVE content, We are here arguing PVP which I agree needs tuning but if you nerf the summons any further they are going to legit just be worthless unless they get something like the Engineer ability to tune their skill. 

The Fp Costs for summons is honestly ridiculous for summoners there's a reason my character has to build specifically for it..I can't do anything but be an Evoker, It's not the choice i'd like but its a restriction that does help stop me from being like..Iunno A priest or aquamancer and this problem really spiraling out of control with those buffs.

Now I don't agree with the Summons vanishing on death for one reason, If you do that, do that across the board. Engineers, Rulers, Etc this isn't a summoner issue, this is a unit class issue. That double turn happens on all of them.

The reflects, I honestly feel they should be doing more like a single reflection once per turn this is something I have brought up a few times in chats about the youkai. It would make them far less oppressive.

Now to bring up the counter play to dodgeys, As someone who plays Summoner I can tell you if you are a good evade with some answers (boxer) you can shut down every youkai and never get hit. I had to legit handpick my youkai for stats to even have a chance to hit people, Yet again my earlier complaint about accuracy.

Now Dimension Resonance, This one is honestly a 50/50 for me. It's more cost effective than a summon storm only by 2 in most cases summon storm brings out more youkai the only problem is the push. The reason I run 1 in general is because of it. If it pushed a solid 3 instead but instantly dropped the cost of youkai to get the four out I wouldn't care. But the push for damage is something I use specifically cause without my youkai I am legit easy to squish. 

I will say in PVP these issues are all valid but the PVE side of it is a much different story.

The biggest issue is that nerfing GS makes it a much worse PVE class which is the main part of the game, I know people will argue this but the reasons Chain unsummon is used so much for me in PVE is because its the only real option GS has to take out high end PVE content

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about GS and Mass unsummon? - by Miryn - 07-19-2024, 09:29 PM