Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
i like grand summoner
Here's some ideas I had while I was mulling over that aren't just number adjustments.

Soul Chains - This is a neat ability. The problem I have is it works via Installing which doesn't have much focus for the class. That's fine in of itself but it means it's a bit of an odd duck in their skillset. I also think it's too slow for what it does. Here's a tweak to it:

Quote:Soul Chains (3 Ranks)
15FP, 1M, 1 Round CD
1-2 target skill. 1: Targets an enemy that isn't Installed within 5 Range and 2: Targets one of your allied Youkai within 5 Range or yourself if Installed.

Enemy target is inflicted with Soul Chains and may be inflicted with Interference for 2/3/4 Rounds. Allied Youkai is unsummoned (or uninstalled) and then cannot be summoned for the duration of Soul Chains.

(The Soul Chains effect treats that target as if they are Installed, the FP cancelling effect is now instead the Interference ailment.)

Judgement Blade - It's solid already but I think we can add a bit of functionality to make it synergize with your conventional Summoning strategies.

Quote:Judgement Blade (3 Ranks)
26/24/22FP, 3M

Targets a location within 5 Range. If location contains an enemy: Deal magical Slash Damage to them equal to 100% SWA & 100/110/120% Light ATK and deals 50% more damage if the enemy is a Youkai or Installed.

If location is unoccupied: Creates a Judgement Blade field object (Hardiness 1, 10 HP). When activated, it applies Judgement Blade's damage to all enemies in a Circle (4) area around it. Can be activated by you or your allied Youkai moving into the object's tile. If an allied Youkai does so, the situational damage bonus is applied regardless of whether the enemies are Youkai or not. After activating, the Judgement Blade is removed.

Evoke Mastery - This passive is fine, however my problem is that it's the same thing as the one Shapeshifter gets and funnily enough works better for them anyway. I'd like to propose a rework to align it more to Summoning and using Summoned Youkai (and renaming it so it's a bit more in-line for what it could do.)

Quote:Sync Mastery (3 Ranks)
Allows you to use Sync-Mind active skills while your Youkai is summoned and reduces the cost of your Youkai's Evoke spells (and yours while they are summoned) by 15/20/25%.

Misty Dimension - I understand the point of the Sneak benefit, however I have a different proposal. In my mind, Astral Aegis should be the skill that protects the Summoner (and it's easy enough to make your enemies focus your Youkai first anyway). Instead, how about it now provides a temporary protective benefit to your Youkai?

Quote:Misty Dimension (2 Ranks)
Covers your summoned Youkai in a protective mist. Increases the cost of Summoning by 5FP but when a Youkai is summoned, they gain a buff that provides +50 Evade until the start of their next turn.

At Rank 2, this skill does not take up a Skill Pool slot.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Autumn, Miller

Messages In This Thread
i like grand summoner - by Entropy - 10-10-2024, 03:37 PM
RE: i like grand summoner - by Autumn - 10-10-2024, 04:27 PM
RE: i like grand summoner - by Trexmaster - 10-10-2024, 04:28 PM
RE: i like grand summoner - by Slydria - 10-10-2024, 07:43 PM
RE: i like grand summoner - by Raigen.Convict - 10-13-2024, 06:50 PM
RE: i like grand summoner - by Snake - 10-14-2024, 05:13 PM