Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE Improvement
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5961#p5961 Wrote:Mivereous » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:20 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5958#p5958 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 pm[/url]"]
Hardcore dungeons.

Basically

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=833#p833 Wrote:Mivereous » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:36 pm[/url]"](Dungeon Name) of Depth - This Dungeon reverberates with echoes of screams of the long ago past. This Dungeon has 15+ floors. Level 15-Level 40

(Dungeon Name) of Deception - Enemies are not what they appear to be. I.e., running into a Jammer may give you a Fireblood battle, etc. Level 30+

(Dungeon Name) of Sealing - This Dungeon has been sealed, and probably for good reason. Floors are half-size, but each staircase is Sealed. Level 50+

(Dungeon Name) of Mimicry - This dungeon seems loaded with treasure, but it may be tough getting to it. Chests are actually BDP monsters, disguised by the power of the Core. Attempting to open a chest in this dungeon will initiate a battle with a miniboss in it. If a Crazy dungeon, it will act as such in the battle. Level 25+

(Dungeon Name) of Vitality - This dungeon seems to be flowing with rejuvenating waters - and the monsters inside have had it longer than you. Monsters in this dungeon have 1.5x HP and 1.25x FP. The boss of this dungeon has 3x HP, and 1.5x FP. There is a Water Fountain on each floor. Level 45+

Etc
I wouldn't see any of these as particularly challenging. Annoying? Yes. Slapping more HP on a boss doesn't make it harder, it just makes it take longer to kill. Putting more sealing stones in a dungeon causes lots of frustrating running around clicking things, but that's not difficulty. That's time-consuming. Deception... okay? It might add a new mob type, but that's not necessarily going to make a battle harder. It would've meant more back when dungeons were all mono-type. They're neat in concept, but I can't see them adding anything to the challenge factor. They would, however, raise the frustration factor. For that I think it would actually be a step in the wrong direction.

As for the initial suggestion itself, I'm not sure how raising dungeon difficulty is going to address the issue of grinding being tedious. To be honest, grinding wouldn't be any more entertaining to me regardless of how much the difficulty was raised. Monsters can't really RP with me, and I don't find them interesting to fight. They're just a means to an end: training a character to the point where I'm comfortable using them in IC situations that actually matter, and odds are that that's the way it's going to stay. When I'm grinding I'm not thinking "this is so much fun", I'm staring at the EXP bar thinking "I hate this. It's repetitive and soul-crushing, and I can't wait to be done with it." Of course, whenever I make a new character I have to deal with it again, because every other method of gaining EXP is far inferior.

tl;dr: This may be just my opinion, but... grinding isn't fun. It will never be fun. I can't remember a time I've ever set foot in a B.D.P. and wasn't filled with a powerful desire to just log off and do something else (which I often did). The only good grinding system is a quick and painless grinding system. I would rather see the exp requirements toned down than see dungeons get any more "upgrades." If it isn't obvious, yes, I am mostly sour about issue 2, because issue 1 looks like a lost cause.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]

Messages In This Thread