Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE Improvement
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5966#p5966 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 am[/url]"]Haaa, here's where it comes. Much like in the Fire Emblem games, you would have higher rewards according to your SPEED.(Read, amount of rounds) So just sitting back, chilling, powering up and meditating so you never die would be a pretty bad idea.

You had me until this. I was on board until you completely invalidated Engineer (mah set ups,) among other classes. Berserker tactics only, Final Destination Only, Items Mandatory! Sorry, but I can't possibly be on board for that. I think it's better to encourage a party's class variety than encourage samey characters.

Speed being linked to higher rewards is not an inherently bad idea, but we need to balance it out so every class is viable in it's own way.

My own idea on ranking system:

Based on 400 points. 100 for 4 criteria. 350+ is maximum reward. 150 is needed for ANY reward.

Speed. A base turn, say... turn 5, is given. Clearing it by or beforehand is max points. Points are docked per turn beyond that, based on the level of Challenge (Earlier battles may only take off 5-10, while later ones may do 30-75, to a minimum of 0 points.)

Max hits. Do it in style! Got multiple multihit skills? This will encourage teams to have at least one good multihit user, or the ability to create new attackers (Summoner, Engineer, etc.) Points start at 0 and rack up per attack landed. This discourages simply going "lol evoker" and also removes the need to limit magic for balance, if you want the best rewards.

Power hit. What was your single strongest hit? Based on enemy defenses, a max value is assigned, and only making a percentage of that will net you the percentage of points. 300 is the value, and you landed 200? 67 points. This encourages you to not just grab all the MGs in sight, but also to keep something like an Evoker or Arbalest handy.

Damage Taken. What is your party's percentage of remaining MAX hp? The more efficiently (read: less beat up) you can fight, the better! Naturally, this makes a healer valuable, due to potion sickness, and presumably much higher difficulty.

This should be a fairly fair balance, IMO.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread