Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicking it down a notch
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6867#p6867 Wrote:Slydria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm[/url]"]I think you guys forgetting about the other benefits an Excel Weapon has over Kick.

Which are:

- The ability to synergize with skills that use basic attacks. (Power Gradation, Geldoren, Hanging, etc.)

- The bonus effects gained from various sources. Such as bonus damage from material, benefits from class Skills (i.e. Elangrave), bonus damage from Talents.

- The ability to inflict Critical Hits for +50% damage on top of the already present +50-150% Damage.
No, I'm not forgetting. And there's a different thread trying to diminish the potency of excel weapons. Again, this is a shoe slot that's an entirely higher tier than any other footwear. I'm glad you brought all of that up, because this 75% buff was an attempt to compensate for all this begin with. And either way, I don't think an overpowered -weapon- with its respective perks justifies keeping this imbalanced item the way it is. Leaving that for another thread because tl;dr, this thread's objective prioritizes Accellia's balance.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6865#p6865 Wrote:Trexmaster » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:27 pm[/url]"]Though making it so the the kick option for it is borderline useless compared to what other options are available doesn't seem right.

As the only item of its kind taking up a shoe slot, it's difficult to assert that it'd be borderline useless to the current options. It amplifies an autohit that's entirely separate from class options.

Quote: I'd honestly be all for making it so instead of dealing extra damage, it just knocks back further, or that and the reduced charge bonus.

I wouldn't go that far. But that mention does bring up an idea.

Quote: I mean, it already has the use of being able to grant extra move for charges, but if it's going to affect the Kick trait, it should have a reason to be used past wasting charges to avoid getting spirit pained with your own excel weapon. Not saying it's -completely- useless, but the scenarios where it'd be the most useful option are slim to none with those changes, and I don't like items in the game that are situational to the point of uselessness.
There are plenty of options simply because you have two weapon slots at your disposal. And as a shoe slot that scales an autohit's damage? There isn't any current options that break that kind of ground. A nerf will make this more of an option like the others, not a no-brainer for nearly every situation. It should be in the same league as wearing a resistance footwear against a mage when you already have an autohit at your disposal.

I'm thinking that if the objective is utilizing kick's function and not just the damage-- nerf the scale to 30% or 40% with additional knock-back per charge. So a 60 damage kick with three charges translates to (60*2.2)-DEF and four knock-back.

Messages In This Thread