Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Races] Racial Equality
I'm actually getting ready to go to bed, (been insomniac, almost 11 AM here. Running on very empty) so I don't have time to address every single point. I'm just going to single the elf one out since it was one of your first examples.

- Elves are not good for all healer classes. Phoenix is notorious for not applying Healer's Legacy, unless this was ever changed. This leaves their best healing option as Graft. I never actually tested if Healer's Legacy applies to Meditate/Aid, because my elf is canonically dead.

- Phenex -are- good for (almost - not all that much with VA unless their will is high or fighting against magic) -any- class with FP management; for example summoners can be used for a more supplementary role. They can easily install and use low level youkai skill effects (Level 1 Ruby beam can still blind, for example) without draining their FP beyond what they regen per turn, and without any youkai summoned. This allows them to put their faith stat to use in acquiring more youkai for install/evoke options. It just takes a little adapting of the playstyle, it's not strictly gimping yourself.

You may wonder why I'm still arguing this: Simple. If the threshold was changed to 60% as proposed, and it eats 50% of your max FP upon activation... don't you see how a class with major FP management ability could game that to basically be immortal? 100% to 50% would leave you only 10% away from 60%. I'm arguing against making it easier to use so this can't be maliciously exploited to the point that the racial needs to be completely reworked to just be something like only a percentage chance, or perhaps draining ALL FP, in which case you may as well just be dead anyways!. As it is, several class combos, almost all of which have high skill which, go figure, is the main stat the Phenex excels at (they can't use faith as a damage stat) can game the existing effect quite well.

This boldened part is really all I should have said in the first place. Everything else is just fluff.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread