Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.71] Stun Oddities
I have been thinking about it myself for a while, one of my tankiest characters is a Lupine, who uses Ki Awoken only at rank 4 to have an auto selfstun. Obviously a stupid gimmick build, but it works way better than it has any right to.
Simply because of how Round robin interacts with stun currently. I am not REALLY losing turns all that much, and if you build to resist alot of elements on top of it you regain 3M every so often, sometimes actually GAINING momentum instead of losing it, starting a turn with 10 M and +50% DR. Its absurd.

But its probably an issue with how turn order works more than Stun itself and I do not see how that could be changed without changing that system again, while having stun, still stun.

Maybe it should just...Not give DR. Or Stun is reworked in a way, where its similiar to Badly Beaten and removes some M each turn its active? Maybe the easiest badaid fix, is to make it reduce Momentum by 6 but minimum 1, leaving the stunned person with 1 M so it won't mess with turn order, and the person still can't do much, though thats probably still not fixing the selfstun shenanigans. Either way, Stun is currently certainly very awkward.

On a side note. Omnias red luck "I create a hole!" thing, works very similar to this. If you create the hole and force the opponent to step into it, which usually costs your whole turn, just means the opponent starts before you again, with full momentum.

Messages In This Thread
[v2.71] Stun Oddities - by Autumn - 03-08-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: [v2.71] Stun Oddities - by Shujin - 03-09-2023, 07:48 PM
RE: [v2.71] Stun Oddities - by renowner - 03-10-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: [v2.71] Stun Oddities - by firehawk11 - 03-10-2023, 06:29 PM
RE: [v2.71] Stun Oddities - by Autumn - 03-10-2023, 08:23 PM