Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evade Suggestion (CEL DR and Bellcurve hit)
Mh....

I'm not against the idea since it's apparently fairly close to what Pre-GR2's dodge system was like, though seemingly seems more refined and actually seems like a pretty good idea in concept. I do however have a few nitpicks with your current presented idea :

That wouldn't quite solve the current problem of Evade being restricted to some classes, arguably only making the gap worse- since only a handful of classes could hope to reliably get the CEL DR through Evade Bonuses / Hit debuffs. Furthermore, there could be some very obnoxious combinations such as Mist Armor BK/ST essentially just stacking fat DR that way and abusing the system.

That'd call for a slight rework for evade/ hit buff/ debuffs, perhaps just drastically reducing their Cap and the extent they can have, OR making Evasion DR totally ignore DR acquired from DEF and RES to prevent the infamous tank-dodges.

Though I believe the bellcurve system you are suggesting should be reworked in some way, OR make Hit slightly more scarce so naturally reaching 95% Hit Chance isn't just a breeze. 220 Hit not even being all that high in our current era yet being a 90% chance before reductions. in your example is pretty insane.

Or all classes should have evade buffs in some form, since the former issue would call for them being near-necessary against people with High hit.

also don't punish basic attackers please please please

I'm also slightly confused since you stated that Gear would lower the enemy's Final Hit rate though your example shows that it simply lowers the opponent's hit by a flat amount ( Which is the better option, imo)

And what about stuff like Hexer curses , that'd also have to be adjusted to fir the current system

Also to make my former BK/ST Example somewhat clearer
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...6/polk.PNG

Here's a build I did while HARDLY trying, using a Boneheart Mist Armor and a HMC, using a Mundane Magic Star with 100-ish SWA without 2H (I opted for a shield though it could be run with a glove instead) and 237 effective hit before BK passives and Invisible Weapon, and the build presumably having healing spells to it's disposal.

Here'd be the results :

Presumably, with a Galdric Mist armor, I expect the Gear Evade to be around 15, let's be slightly generous.
With the final Mist Armor buff, that'd be 20 bonus evade, so 20 hit removed from the opponent.
With ROP ? Minus 30 hit.
If your opponent is feared due to BK proccing the status rather easily ? Minus 8 hit.

Which all amounts to a virtual -73 hit given to the opponent, supposedly granting the defender a more than respectable chance to evade attacks.

So, we are looking at 40% DR.
On-top of their parries in the form of ROP/Stalemate.
On-top of Bulwark.
On-top of Indomitable.
On-top of their RES/DEF.
Possibly alongside the ST passive that reduce damage from spells.

With a respectable base HP, and healing spells, and on-top of that, a decent status resist of 86 if dodging.

See the problem ?
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evade Suggestion (CEL DR and Bellcurve hit) - by Ray2064 - 05-04-2023, 10:26 AM