Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By Trade [Non-Combat Characters]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11945#p11945 Wrote:Neus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm[/url]"]I don't know if crafting should be giving comparable EXP to monster hunting considering how much more time consuming the latter is. Not to mention the potential for abuse via very combat oriented characters taking the trait, getting a bunch of easy-to-get mats, and hitting 60 in 20 minutes.

Mind you, I think the -intent- here is good and I'd like to offer this sort of playstyle, but I'd rather the idea a bit more refined to deal with cases like the above where people are just gaming the system instead of playing with it to enhance their roleplay/etc.
I think you are blowing the 'powergaming potential' way out of proportion. The exact reasons being:
1. Grinding via crafting would require a constant flow (or ungodly large stack) of materials in order to even make any attempts, whereas players have no natural limitations on getting into a PvE fight.
2. Grinding via monster hunting often rewards the player with mura, materials and equipment; at later stages, some gains can be sold for major profit. Crafting, on the other hand, only gets what they craft for; profits are solely based on how well they can convince others to buy their products.
3. I'm quite sure there is no way in hell that someone under level 10 can grab that trait and grind to 60 in even an hour, much less half an hour. (There are certainly no 'Crazy' recipes in crafting, nor any Arena specials) In fact, anyone aiming to grind straight to 60 via crafting is strapped into a long and incredibly repetitive and tedious process.
4. Most higher difficulty recipes require materials that aren't easily obtained, unless they want to spend five-six digits worth of Mura just for some crafting grind. A sizable chunk of materials would often be found in Dungeons anyhow.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread