Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By Trade [Non-Combat Characters]
Most of us have thought it.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11823#p11823 Wrote:Neus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:14 pm[/url]"]Have you considered becoming a baker instead of an adventurer?

But the issue remains. Minuscule EXP returns from crafting. The very little gain financially and materially in such matters. I think I've found a way to fix one of these problems.

Trait: By Trade
Obtainable any time before level 10.

Combat exp reduced by 90%. Instead, exp can be earned by up to 90% of the monster formula by crafting.
Add 5% EXP per difficulty of craft (90% = 1 Difficulty, 95% = 2 Difficulty, etc). Can only be removed by LE.
I made this table to illustrate the scale of the change, in two forms. One has the minimum at 80%, the other has the minimum at 90%, just to show alternatives.

I've visually separated professions that may go together as traits. I would like to suggest that jobs at the same level (such as Fisher, Farmer, and Miner) not be able to picked together, so as not to allow people to become jacks of all trades.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merchant - Req. By Trade - Level 10
Sell equippable items for 5% more murai. Adds 10 Encumbrance. RP EXP is twice as often.

Salesman - Req. Merchant - Level 20
Sell equippable items for 15% more murai. Sell non-equippable items for 10% more murai. Adds 20 Encumbrance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fisher - Req. By Trade - Level 10
Increased chance of baiting in larger fish. Decreased stamina use when fishing. RP EXP is twice as often.

Farmer - Req. By Trade - Level 10
Increased produce yield. Decreased stamina use when doing farming actions. RP EXP is twice as often.

Chef - Req. By Trade - Level 20
Anything you cook with a difficulty level less than or equal to your skill level gains 5% more HP/FP regen. Uses less stamina to cook.

Miner - Req. By Trade - Level 10
Able to tell what kind of ore will be in a vein by examining it. Increased ore yield when mining, and decreased stamina use when gathering from them. RP EXP is twice as often.

Clothier - Req. By Trade - Level 20
Any equippable items you craft are worth 25% more murai. Able to choose one quality to bestow upon any cloth-based armor you craft, positive or negative, as long as its difficulty is less than your skill level. Uses less material and stamina when crafting with cloth.

Smithy - Req. By Trade - Level 20
Any equippable items you craft are worth 25% more murai. Able to choose one quality to bestow upon any weapon you craft, positive or negative, as long as its difficulty is less than your skill level. Uses less material and stamina when crafting with ore.

It's a Science - Req. By Trade - Level 10
10% chance to get double materials back when breaking down items. Does not apply to Raremetal. RP EXP is twice as often.

Carpenter - Req. By Trade - Level 20
Able to tell what kind of wood will come from a tree or woodpile by examining it. Increased wood yield from trees and woodpiles, and less stamina use gathering from them. Uses less materials when building furniture items.

Doctor - Req. By Trade - Level 20
Able to tell what kind of material will come from a plant by examining it. Increased material yield from plants, and decreased stamina use from gathering from them. Healing items you use heal 10% more.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
++++++++++1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSS
This is my new religion. Pls yes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
This is definitely a good start, but I'd go even more extreme than this.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11931#p11931 Wrote:MegaBlues » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:40 am[/url]"]This is definitely a good start, but I'd go even more extreme than this.

I'd like to, but I figured the way I presented it now, as a Trait, would make it easier for initial implementation, rather than a brand new system or a load of overbearing work. I think this could lead into new or better types of crafting materials, made by those with the corresponding jobs ("Would you like that made of Demonsilk, or Fine Demonsilk? Websilk? Refined Iron?&quotWink which would lead into new or different types of current items and maybe even a different type of economy and roleplay, where people actually roleplay to get better items rather than "[hey does anyone have an ether shotgun]".

That's why I've only gone up to level 20 with suggestions for jobs.

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
A good idea, but I'm seeing two issues:

1. Some Traits given here are incredibly weak. For Science, for example, has a bonus so small and situational that you could just get a normal person to break things down and you'd see little difference.

2. This runs into a major wall with materials, which are largely confined in Dungeons and the egregious RNG. Unless you expect crafters to cling onto and beg Adventurers just to get off the ground.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I don't know if crafting should be giving comparable EXP to monster hunting considering how much more time consuming the latter is. Not to mention the potential for abuse via very combat oriented characters taking the trait, getting a bunch of easy-to-get mats, and hitting 60 in 20 minutes.

Mind you, I think the -intent- here is good and I'd like to offer this sort of playstyle, but I'd rather the idea a bit more refined to deal with cases like the above where people are just gaming the system instead of playing with it to enhance their roleplay/etc.
People can get to 60 in about 4 hours (on a very slow day) due to grind mage efficiency.

Also, "easy to get mats" are still very uh.. hard to find, considering dungeoning is needed in almost every case (or if you're making weapons, you're having to buy ore if you don't wanna go grind for ore). Hopping from 1 > 20 in one fight is easy. Hell, hopping from 1 > 30 at times can be 'easy'. This is just an alternative so people don't have to spam-grind mage with someone to get to be a level 60 crafter. Albeit, I don't see why a person that wants to level as a crafter really needs stats. Especially if they just RP and don't get in fights. Guards are around to protect them, among other things.

If that is your concern though, Dev. Can't you simply make crafting things take up stamina? Hell, even simply making it so that you can't craft items if you're at your encumbrance also works.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11946#p11946 Wrote:Rendar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:38 pm[/url]"]If that is your concern though, Dev. Can't you simply make crafting things take up stamina? Hell, even simply making it so that you can't craft items if you're at your encumbrance also works.

I thought those were already the case. Odd that they aren't. That would also fix this:

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11945#p11945 Wrote:Neus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm[/url]"]I don't know if crafting should be giving comparable EXP to monster hunting considering how much more time consuming the latter is. Not to mention the potential for abuse via very combat oriented characters taking the trait, getting a bunch of easy-to-get mats, and hitting 60 in 20 minutes.

And, as was stated and shown by the tables I made, it would be an 80% EXP return on easy-to-make crafts. If you're going to work as a non-combat character, you should have a means to make non-combat comparable EXP gains. And even still, to get to 60 only making difficulty 1 objects would be 2222 objects, requiring 11,110 ore/wood of the same type, with more advanced crafts requiring more diverse materials to find, which would take time, but give that +5/10/15/etc% EXP gain. With you running out of encumbrance (as you would, if By Trade were only obtainable before level 10) and stamina, it would take possibly longer (or maybe just as long, if you plan right) to reach 60.

As well as not being able to level way up by doing the hardest crafts as possible at the beginning, due to the "every 10 levels gain 1 skill level to disperse" thing that we already have.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11945#p11945 Wrote:Neus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm[/url]"]Mind you, I think the -intent- here is good and I'd like to offer this sort of playstyle, but I'd rather the idea a bit more refined to deal with cases like the above where people are just gaming the system instead of playing with it to enhance their roleplay/etc.

Like the enchant/crafting mules that make up 50% of character slots? I don't see what part is gaming the system, if you'd please clarify, sorry.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11933#p11933 Wrote:Chaos » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:47 pm[/url]"]2. This runs into a major wall with materials, which are largely confined in Dungeons and the egregious RNG. Unless you expect crafters to cling onto and beg Adventurers just to get off the ground.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11946#p11946 Wrote:Rendar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:38 pm[/url]"]Also, "easy to get mats" are still very uh.. hard to find, considering dungeoning is needed in almost every case (or if you're making weapons, you're having to buy ore if you don't wanna go grind for ore).

Keep in mind many craft materials are obtainable via gambling (weird tbh), and I want to link Ranylyn's thread, which I liked the idea of the Chaturanga Marketplace for fruit/veggies, as well as the idea of the pawn shop actually acting as a pawn shop, which smithy's could buy things to breakdown from (or the Scientist based characters).

As well as this thread from nearly a year ago. I AM PREPARED.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11933#p11933 Wrote:Chaos » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:47 pm[/url]"]1. Some Traits given here are incredibly weak. For Science, for example, has a bonus so small and situational that you could just get a normal person to break things down and you'd see little difference.

Numbers can easily be changed. 50%, LUC based, 100% chance (excluding Raremetal and enchants, of course). If the problems are with the ones currently shown of levels 10 and 20, keep in mind it can go up to 60, and be diversified for unique or generalized craft trades. Smithy->Weapon Smith->Arcane Weapon Smith, etc. If you have any other things other than the science one to point out though, I'd like to hear them all so I can adjust, and that goes for everyone.