Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consequences
I think reciprocation rules would be better than jumping straight to GM enforcement (and GM enforcement for when that fails).

Examples...
Quote:You surrender your right to your character's safety from general harm if you do any of the following:
- Commit assault.
- Commit theft.
- Blatantly antagonize a person to the point where they might be expected to respond aggressively (See: Repeatedly poking someone after they've told you to stop might get your arm broken).

The idea here is that a casual player should not expect to stray too heavily from "safe" behavior and keep their immunity from harm. Naturally, anyone who retaliates invites the same consequences. If you don't want to risk something bad befalling your character, don't try to be a badass. Call the guards.

To expand...
Quote:You surrender the right to your character's life if you:
- commit murder.
- willingly engage a dangerous individual.
- investigate a dangerous individual (obviously they might want this to stop).
- knowingly involve yourself with a dangerous 'plot'.
- attack someone with the intent to kill.

Intent to kill must be expressed beforehand. If player A intends to kill player B and player B does not agree to a fight to the death (they forfeit their right to refuse if they've done any of the previous five things), then player B also cannot attempt force death on player A. Any of these rules can be made flexible with the prior consent of both parties, but without that consent you are where you are. If you've committed murder and the other person isn't giving prior agreement to your safety, you can't hide behind the "but it's my character" shield.

That's my take on it, but I'm sure there are numerous ways to tackle this so that it's fair on both sides. This is just the only way I could think of that doesn't put unnecessary additional stress on the GM team. I'm fine with anything that balances things out for people like Saw, since how it is currently just isn't cutting it. Casual players have no business deliberately throwing their characters into dangerous or life-threatening situations and feeling entitled to their complete safety.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]

Messages In This Thread