Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplay Content Suggestions
So I wanted to comment on this and throw in this rough layout taken in part from Eternia's Event Admins. Again, I loathe Eternia, but this is a good recipe.

Getting to the point:
Code:
DM's are completely separate Entities from GMs. (As it has been said, just because you're a GM does not = DM)  

Applications directly to Dev would be preferred and if approved by him, passed to the Moderator Admins that see over the game. (Slydria, Chaos, Ryu)

The basic application could be something along the lines of

BYOND Key[s]:

Current or Previous Characters [SL1/Sl2]:

Time Zone and general availability (Weekends only; have school/work/Military. Only available on weeknights 5pm -- etc):

Personal Summary(Brief summary  about yourself- your personality, if you've DM'd in the past on separate games [SS13 etc], etc etc. Anything you'd like to include.):

Event Example: (Give us a rundown of an event you'd host, or maybe a small chain of 'them. Include things like the progression route, obstacles players encounter, rewards, etc! Feel free to include multiple event examples but just one is fine. Naturally this will need to fit within the lore of the game as anything that drifts too extreme will be denied. Just because it fits the lore does not guarantee acceptance either):

Skype: (If you'd prefer not to make this public, that's fine. I'll send a PM requesting it if you're approved)

Any other info regarding your application for a DM.
-----
DM's responsibilities include

"
-- run and assist with events.
-- co-ordinate said events in the Skype channel, gathering feedback / approval.
-- answer to admins and respect their wishes on certain aspects. Neus would naturally trump over all admins rulings.
"

DM's are not to:
Moderate players in a general sense
Force a player to participate regardless of any reason
Ever force a character into a no-win situation-- This is more so saying you cannot allow a character to willingly play and then put him in a situation where either way it ends up with him dead or severely handicapped ie. You either lose your left leg or you are paralyzed the rest of your life from that snake bite.

--

DM's are not just people who come up with events, but people who host and run the events. They can take suggestions from the community etc and tailor an event that matches the guidelines required into something anyone can participate in. Naturally, events should be primarily focused on roleplay and NOT combat. Example of an event no one wants to see; Event! Grand Champion of Cellvich! Defeat him in the arena to earn a reward! Has 70 in all stats and 1200 health!
--
Usually these type of events hosted by DM's do not progress the main story line, but serve as side arcs. Basically side quests for people to enjoy and play with their friends! Obviously more larger and complex event could be suited towards a large audience and governed by the Head Admins as well but those are not responsibility of a DM.

Hopefully this gives you something to work with. Add me on Skype if you'd like to discuss more or on here @Neus
-- dano259
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.

Messages In This Thread