Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STATUS EFFECTS
"Why is the offender so much better than the defender?!"

Because, it is nigh IMPOSSIBLE to get 60 RES, while it's entirely possible to get 80-90 RES. The Inflicters LUC is 30 because I put it at a 'baseline' and I put our REALLY GOOD RES TANK, as a Doriad. My Doriad has like. 23 luck. "My bad" for putting it at 20.

That's the thing, however, Rockabye. Status Effects are in favor of the inflicter, MASSIVELY. SKI and WIL are some of the .easiest. stats to get, while RES and LUC, if you want an actually .useful. character since neither can be used for offensive means, are left in the dust. SKI can be used for a combative means, as can WIL. Hell, at current I have a.. 240% chance to afflict someone with my "YOU STOP MOVING NOW!" skill. 77 base WIL, 45 base SKI, 23 base LUC. I think I can stand to lose some of my chance to afflict someone.

RES, in general for most people is about.. 20-40%, LUC is in the range between 10-50% for .most. people. WIL, for the people who actually use status afflicts, is usually is at 70-130%, SKI is usually at 70-100% < if they went that route instead >. Can you see where this is going? I'm not saying put it .completely. useless, as my formula was, actually, WIL+SKI/2+LUC vs RES+LUC, which made SKI play less of a role.

Messages In This Thread