Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone with the Wind
I agree wholeheartedly with this. However, in a sense, I do understand why silence doesn't affect the weapon. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see it be silenced, but if we're looking at the weapon from an IC perspective, its lore should be taken into account. The weapon's description clearly states:

"Tarnada is a sword empowered by the storms of the desert on Gold. Storing that power, it will suddenly and chaotically unleash it when it decides it wants to"

As such, it makes sense that if the character were silenced that the weapon's own "power" per se were to cast said Vydel. Do I agree with having it changed to Wind Slasher? I could understand that. But another potential fix I can see is the Skullcaver treatment. Making it so that the cast chance is UL/2% rather than UL%.

As for making it a valid casting tool, that also depends. In my honest opinion, I feel as though if it were a valid casting tool for Sylphid magic that it may worsen its reputation than this entire Vydel "epidemic". It would make it so that instead of off-handing a tome, which one needs to do to make the Vydel full-powered, they could two-hand the Tarnada and sub bloody palms for increased power, for example.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone's opinions or what have you, I'm simply sharing my opinion on this matter.
Discord: Selfish Gene#0139
[Image: lClrhgZ.png]

Messages In This Thread