Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone with the Wind
"Selfish Gene" Wrote:I never said the lore stops Vydel from being a magical spell, so please don't take what I said out of context. I'm saying that from the description alone, it says "Tarnada is a sword empowered by the storms of the desert on Gold. Storing that power, it will suddenly and chaotically unleash it when it decides it wants to."

This implies that when the 24% Vydel is proc'd, it's more so the "stored power" that is unleashed and not that of the player. For example, it can still proc if I were to run Kensei/BK but the damage would be abysmally low due to the sheer lack of a casting tool + Charge Mind. I'm not saying that adding a silence to it is a bad solution, I'm just saying it feels more like a jump to the conclusion and slap something on and call it a day solution. The way that I would rather seeing things be balanced is by having a thorough discussion where every possibility is highlighted and not ignore some facts, such as the very item's description.

It's perfectly fine that you're interpreting that description how you are, but in my mind, it's more of the sword's power and not so much the user's. The reason I'm hesitant to having it be a silence proc as well is because there are ways to counter that either way. If someone feels especially devious, they can pop a Throatopener for 3 momentum and use sidecut for another 3 momentum and still have a chance to proc said CM + Talvyd Vydel within a turn. That's why I think it was important to highlight other solutions because that's more of a bump than a fix.

Oh okay I see what you're saying I was a little confused but I still think Tarnada should be affected by silence even if the solution to this is something else.

Messages In This Thread