Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Problems
"Neus" Wrote:I think making them -too- tanky isn't a great idea, keep in mind that a Summoner can have quite a few of them at their disposal, and they can all be buffed/healed.
We are suggesting an HP increase because, in spite of whatever buffs/heals can be thrown on them, and no matter how many slots the Summoner has, there are quite a number of them that can be destroyed in very, very short order. (See: Within one round) Heals and Buffs do not work very well if the Youkai can't survive to receive them.

Beforehand, the power of Youkai skills made this issue tolerable, though it divided Youkai into 'Glass Cannon' and 'Slightly Less Glass Cannon'. Now that the skills have received a damage drop, the fragility of Youkai is much more apparent, and any Youkai that can't survive more than a round is in a gutter tier.

I would also like to remind that Youkai are susceptible to a few certain weapons, Interference Shell, Judgment Blade and Youkai Tamer, alongside their own sets of weaknesses. Even taking their resistances and immunities into account, players have enough options to where only the most hardcore of one-trick builds would have trouble.

I do agree that Youkai should get +(LV*2) to their HPs, so we can actually see Youkai receiving buffs/heals, and not just get royally demolished before they get the chance.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread