Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The State of Combat as of 1.88
[Image: b86.gif]

God, I make one satirical thread for a bugged game mechanic that has thusly been removed, and it auto-details to "go pre-GR without any provocation, RNG didn't bolster players by pure coincidence even though it did, everything is [strike]semi-[/strike]balanced let me be a murderloli waaah."

If Dev really considered redoing everything he worked his precious time on reworking in the first place, you'd think he'd have just made a test build, seen if people wanted it and/or preferred it, and stuck to it or dropped it based upon the mythical thing named opinion.

Sure, people make cookie cutter builds. But, you can easily say the same for something like Dark Souls, where a single weapon or spell or whatever is busted, and therefore you exploit the shit out of it. Everyone has a unique playstyle for a more casual experience, but the meta is always going to lean one specific way.

I could go even more cringeworthy and say something something Pokémon videogame tournaments are the same way, everyone uses a predictable roster of Pokémon in the meta, and when a new Pokémon/move/strategy/item is sent in, then boy howdy, they get to shuffle that around in the meta. If you don't believe me, watch any masters championship or at least look up their team setups. They're always the same during a specific year. But that doesn't change people from using a crappy Pokémon for some sentimental value, or some love from three generations ago still raging strong.

What I'm trying to get across is that it's just a casual experience that people can take ridiculously seriously. As soon as a new Potential drops, people decide whether it's worth it or not. Is it worth in the meta? Is there a way that people can exploit new weapon X or new skill adjustment Y? Just how overpowered can something be if you build exclusively for it as a gimmick?

And there's the "problem" people see; build variety is limited because of the meta for some, whilst for others, it adds in a layer of new, casual fun that can be had. Those not wanting to deviate from the PvP-centric core won't do much, whilst the others freely experiment and see what matches them, even if it means they lose every fight. So if people stop exploring the meta and instead explore what they want to have fun with, then this entire debacle is over, isn't it?
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread