Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
"Lonestar" Wrote:I feel like the biggest issue about the Vampire 'fangs' trait is that they scale purely on Scaled SAN, no drawbacks on the scaling or anything, meaning people that dump their stats into SAN for any sort of weapon scaling can reach things like 60 LV Charm and Poison, which the latter is actually stronger than Wyverntoucheds even if they built 60 scaled San as well. (They would get LV40 poison.)

Not to mention, even if you're not inflict-heavy and a Hexer, inflicting a status against someone who doesn't invest into Faith or Sanctity is not hard at all.
It would be an issue if it weren't for the following points:
1. This requires not only good status infliction, but also good hit (Banquet is a basic attack, and position can determine your accuracy).
2. Vampires using this are forced to take the worst of Vampire's weaknesses; front and center is the dreaded 75% healing penalty, followed shortly by anything Vs. Undead going off on them. Additionally, Fasting will not be plausible when the only way to make these traits work is to use the one (main) method to gain Essence in the first place.

Chilling Fangs is a very good pick, yes, but Poison and Charm both have much more reliable methods for anyone wanting those status effects. Hell, I question how good their Poison will really end up being; that big of a LV doesn't give much more of a boost compared to the standard LV 30 fare, and Vampires being terrible at attrition makes it hard to see how they could even abuse that effect to begin with.

Also, I'd honestly rather see Wyverntouched's Poison Bite hit off a larger Poison LV than just nerfing one+ of the Fangs because it's got bigger numbers than another race's poison infliction.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread