Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipping the fat
Not going to check if I already voiced an opinion here, for or against in the past. Just going to relay some recent experiences with this: Namely as a boxer against other boxers.

Boxer 1: Uses Schritt and Attacks/etc
Boxer 2: Has to act carefully, uses schritt and uses an attack that wont trigger Schritt or gambles
ROUND END
Boxer 1: Uses Skip
Boxer 2: Must now re-use schritt or lose its defensive effects entirely, putting them momentum behind or worse if they don't skip.
Boxer 1: Now gets to do the usual shite of a higher initiative who skipped, plus having won out long term with Focus management.

This happened in several fights where I was a slightly faster boxer against a slower harder hitting boxer who probably should have won. Aside from some misplays and the like which cost them dearly, they didn't make any mistake aside from just being slower and so losing the lottery when it comes to pacing the fight with Schritt.

This isn't even getting into the shenanigans that Muuden can play in this matchup or matchups in general.

Similar experiences with ghost and painproof, every time I use it the enemy will skip to delete it. Usually you can turn that into an advantage for yourself if you plan around it, but it fuckin sucks to lose 10% of maxhp just to act before the enemy. All in all I can't see much reason why it shouldn't maintain until you act in a given round. If you both skip then the advantage is still lost if you act before them. Without being punishing on those who are slower. We have enough stats to build without also aiming for init.

Edit: By the way, guard already works this way. If you skip or end your turn it persists until you take an action.

Messages In This Thread