Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skipping the fat
Quite frequently a strategy used to get around "Until next turn" effects and their entirety is to currently use skip to remove them from play entirely, making it so using those skills as a slower person is nigh useless (Painproof, Geist Schritt and Unmoving are good examples of this) because they'll simply just be removed using skip and forced to be re-applied which is incredibly momentum inefficient on the user.

A VERY unfair strategy utilizing this is knocking a slower target down, and then next turn skipping to force them to either counter-skip or take their turn, only to be knocked down again immediately after because Knockdown Immunity is ALSO an until next turn effect, its incredibly frustrating to play against this strategy in particular because there's no counterplay involved in it, it is an assured thing the opponent can use to skew the match entirely in their favor.

I propose that until next turn effects shouldn't go away when skip is used, if this is even possible, as this would be incredibly more fair on a lot more skills and effects like knockdown/frozen immunity etc.
+ 1 this idea. So the skip trick isn't abused, lol.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
While usually I'd be all for being able to skip to counter certain strategies the fact is going first in a turn based game is already a huge advantage so I feel like it's not very fair they get to nullify certain statuses that other people use.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
I agree myself, even if I recall using it to remove a debuff (immobilize).

It kind of feels like cheating the system a bit. What is more, as some clearly wrote, it can be used to further punish someone, without any real way to counteract it, as far as I can tell.
Agreed 100% with everything said here. If it'd be possible to change it, that'd be pretty neat.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
My god this is a thing? Bloody hell that sounds awful, never experienced it but just... No... No that'd actually make me legitimately salty. Let's NOT have this be a thing and help out characters with less celerity, yeah?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Anything I'd say has already been said, so I'll only express my complete agreeance to changing this.
As someone who gets really salty because of this, I'd really like this to be changed. It's possible to force double knockdowns on people as long as you're faster and don't have skip on cooldown.
I also second this, sure Boxer has the Geistr that triggers when someone doesn't attack you, and that triggers on them skipping their turn but..boxer suffers a LOT from skillpool slots already that there is no space to put that Geistr on your kit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
All for this, honestly. While I don't have very much to add, I'm just here to throw my support alongside the others in this thread who're wanting of this change.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity