Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Geisting
It's no secret that there's a lot of mixed opinion about geist and I'm going to mention that as well, but there's a bit of a wonder I have.

It's currently possible to, with the range of geist, have both a defensive maneuver and kite your enemy while they suffer poison ect, meaning they can spend 3m to avoid autohits but also move as far as the standard blink/teleport meaning if you're not more than 1 range of an attacker without using a skill, you're screwed by default because any skill that would have bypassed geist just baits you to die while they gain momentum for your lack of ability to do anything while you take 10% hp a turn to poison.

I feel there should be a system in place against using geist to kite, personally, but on that same note, i think that geist should cover more ground about what it reacts to, with an exception to aoes *Or at least change it so aoes still happen when the geist triggers*

Right now we face the fact that half the skills bypass geist making it useless against some, but to those it is useful against, it's too cheesy because it can be used to kite.

Another issue I have is the fact that basic attack skills are being read as autohits, meaning there's one geist that is the clear "Take it or suffer" because it means everything, pierce linker side cut ect, what's the point of the basic attack geist if your opponant has to run up to you and basic attack you, duelists barely do that, a kensei wants to wazabane, for example. 

TL;DR geist to me doesn't make any sense, it's both a great kiting untensil because it protects you from 50% of skills but also useless because some skills "Target the ground" and I feel both things should be addressed moving forward, but in the same vein if we do make it count things such as dynamic tomes, change it so the attack still happens when geisted for the sake of team fights.

Alternatively add a 2 round CD to geists, where they can't have a button every turn to bait people into dying, boxers can walk again as far as I've heard they don't need geist every turn beyond ignoring autohits.

Messages In This Thread
Geisting - by Swiftkusura - 06-27-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Geisting - by Mr.SmileGod - 06-27-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Geisting - by HexGirlBestGirl - 06-27-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Geisting - by Radioaction - 06-27-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Geisting - by Swiftkusura - 06-27-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Geisting - by Lonestar - 06-27-2020, 06:50 PM
RE: Geisting - by WaifuApple - 06-28-2020, 12:29 AM
RE: Geisting - by Kameron8 - 06-30-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: Geisting - by Snake - 06-30-2020, 03:17 PM