Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion
(07-26-2020, 09:57 PM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote: And OOCly, it's pretty much negativity in most avenues that aren't mindless praise.

Just because the praise does not correlate with the typical pattern of responses, it does not make it 'mindless'. Even if the assumption you appear, based on your manner and sweeping statement here, to be operating under (whereby only friends from some 'clique' - which Appo does not have - will offer compliments to boost confidence) is correct, it is still being done to serve a purpose - i.e. NOT throwing a newly-elected Eventmin to the wolves after a couple of setbacks just because you don't personally approve of Dev's selection and wish to see them replaced.

Moreover, your apparent assumption is likely (objectively, actually, since I have left praise myself) false, because there are many positive aspects to the events that have been run so far and we have been given what we asked for, in an experimental form, which will be refined over time.

You have already mentioned that you are not on the Discord, and therefore you have either NOT viewed the event feedback or are receiving selective screenshots or second-hand information that you are drawing your own conclusions from. With this in mind, does it not seem a little strange for you to be using this information as a source for your argument? An argument which is not even constructive?

(07-26-2020, 09:57 PM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote: So I could say that it was a mere selective instance but then i'd be even more disappointed if I did go in there and saw it wasn't.

You have also mentioned that you have not attended any of the events yourself, so again - your information is obtained through second-hand sourcing which, from the structure of your argument here, appears to be strongly biased.

(07-26-2020, 09:57 PM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote: But that's just my take. Don't let it get ya down too much. Or really, at all.

Saying this immediately after a post worded and structured in the way that yours was does not in the slightest bit cushion the blow. You could have responded to this thread by quoting the numbers and the second-hand sources you have used in order to obtain this information, and left it at that. But you haven't, you've gone on to actually voice a lack of faith in this particular person which an outside observer will interpret as a personal attack.

That's just not cricket, within the bounds of forum etiquette. While Kunai on the other hand has been quite brash with his post, he is at least questioning the handling of the events because he is passionate about them and wants to see them improve. Where are you, in all this? All I see is somebody standing on the sidelines, with little interest in getting involved and thinking that the world will stop spinning just because they do not.

--------

Now. I myself, was at one of these events, and I was too busy to attend the other. I do possess a meta build, and I'm not shy about it. Nonetheless, I did not find the mobs at the first event (BEFORE an opportunity to refine anything was even available) overly challenging. I can see why they would have been, but looking at the group setup of that particular event, a lot of characters did not have what in MMORPG terms would be considered a 'functional party'.

Yes, there are balance issues that need to be ironed out. They will be. I am not in the slightest bit interested, even as a rejected Eventmin applicant myself, in trying to undermine other Eventmins simply because they did something I didn't like on their first couple of swings.

We're a fucking community. Act like it.
[Image: House_Banner_PNG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion - by Jupiter_Storm - 07-26-2020, 11:34 PM