Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
alright time for my hot take with as few words as possible

Inclusiveness
Okay so, one of the issues that SL2 suffers from is a lack of inclusiveness, which has already been pointed out as house RP. However, I'm not focusing on isolated RPs that diverge from public RP. Instead, I'm focusing on the idea of including as many people as possible. This has been done with the Hardcore SL2 challenge that has invited a plethora of people you normally wouldn't see, for one reason or another. This was, in no way possible, a clique meant to isolate people, but to include them. Yet hilariously enough, rather than ask if they can join, people took the Hardcore challenge as some sort of elitism without even realizing it (or even talking to the people involved) was the exact opposite of that. People who weren't even hardcore tagged were given RP, simply because of the challenge's rules and whatnot. When an IC death occurred, there was a player (who's IC and alias escapes me it's been FOREVER) who was present for the burial/internment of Ju-1 (who died via a Wings of Fire rip) and we all interacted with her.

Growth
Another thing I've seen is the complaint of wallflowers/Introvert/Extrovert and honestly, that isn't the issue. The real issue is you can't walk into an RP in progress and not contribute to the on-goings of the IC, you're only going to cause stagnation as a result. Some characters just don't mesh with one another, which is another thing people have to take into consideration if they want to engage or otherwise, cultivate RP for all parties to enjoy. People will, realistically, stick to those they know will engage them with an interesting IC that will give their character's interaction a meaningful growth that can be used to interact with others. As pointed out by Mewni, people often tend to ignore others in favor of another, which is another issue that has been already pointed out as of this post.

Bias
Whether you want to admit you want to admit this is the case or not, it's there and it's ugly. Some people, you can't even mention without a few people feeling hot under the collar to the point where they'll either mention their dislike and end it there, or just ignore you for association with said person. Some have, unfortunately but reasonably, earned their ire from a few folks due to the method of their RPs, rather than simply because of them as a person. But people change, especially yourself. Not everyone will remain the same after five to three years, as life can impact one in a myriad of ways that will have them change their views on not only life, but the games that they play. Whether for better or worse can't be determined by holding a grudge, knowing when to let go of said grudge is the first step towards inclusiveness.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lokus's post:
  • Boomkiller, Mewni

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Lokus - 10-03-2020, 02:00 PM