Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavis Haemin -- Superior Healing
Alright, this isn't going to be a particularly long post for me. Overall, I think this is a pretty good example of an application and I'm going to approve this request (with some slight clarifications on a couple of those points.)

I think the reasoning is sound. Mavis has many qualities that makes approving of more healing power fairly simple. Mavis is quite old both in terms of actual age and how long she's been played for and her character is deeply entwined with the Mercalan faith which has been demonstrated time and time again.

I only had a couple of things that I wanted further elaboration on:
  • Greater healing factor and regeneration for the self and others.
  • Ability to carry out larger Mercana healing projects as opposed to other priests/healers, due to the sheer amount of Focus within her body, her own experiences, faith in Mercala, and her racial benefit of being an Elf.

Which I DM'd Blissey about and got that squared away quickly:

Quote:Could you elaborate on how much greater would be? Just because "greater" could be anywhere between 1% and 1000+% better.

Quote:By greater I mean the speed at which someone would recover when they're healed with Mavis' Mercana. In Mavis' case, assuming that the wound is no larger than a sword gash 2-4 inches deep in her arm, it would begin to heal at an accelerated and rapid pace (and she wouldn't need to somatically heal her wound, it would begin to heal on its own.) In the case of someone else, she would have to somatically heal them, but larger wounds would heal at a much quicker rate, ensuring that they'll have a higher chance of surviving. 

Quote:Could you give an example on what would be a larger healing project?

Quote:By this I more so meant that she would be able to heal for an extended period of time, and she would be able to heal others at the same time (a group of people. I'll say four people at once, just to be safe, including herself if she is part of the group that are injured). Priests can already do this, but her faith in Mercala and her skill lets her do it for longer, faster, and better.

Quote:Alright, just this little tidbit...

(and she wouldn't need to somatically heal her wound, it would begin to heal on its own.)

I assume this more means she can heal myself without a verbal component than she has a regeneration factor but just to be sure.

Quote:Yes.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slydria's post:
  • Blissey

Messages In This Thread
Mavis Haemin -- Superior Healing - by Blissey - 11-01-2020, 07:40 PM
RE: Mavis Haemin -- Superior Healing - by Slydria - 11-01-2020, 09:00 PM
RE: Mavis Haemin -- Superior Healing - by Blissey - 11-02-2020, 08:23 PM