Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope - Spirit Evoker (Youkai)
Applicable BYOND Key: Outer Science

Character Name: Hope

Request Type: Character Item Concept

Request Details: The Spirit Evoker would be (conceptually) a magical gun capable of 'storing' Youkai inside it. When the trigger is pulled, it would never fire an actual bullet, instead summoning a Youkai of the Summoner's choice towards that particular direction. The firearm would have a special property to it that makes Evoke Abilities (the Youkai attacks performed by the Summoner) be less taxing on the user's focus. On paper, this property is given to it by a Mana Crystal that helps supplement the focus needed to perform the skill.

The (summoning fluff) visual animation for summoning Youkai would be glass shards scattering upon pulling the trigger, accompanied by the noise of a mirror breaking before the Youkai manifests in the direction the Spirit Evoker had been aimed at. If it were necessary to summon Youkai in quick succession, the gun would be repeatedly "fired" accordingly.

Its name is inspired by two terms associated with the Grand Summoner promotion class (the Spirit Well and Evoke Master abilities, in particular.)

The gun would not be impossible to replicate, on paper. Anyone with the right understanding of magic and Youkai should be able to make something similar.

I'll be upfront and say this has inspiration from the Persona summoning method in Persona 3. Although, it's obviously not triggered by pointing the gun to your head and making the creature appear by giving yourself a near-death feeling. (See: https://youtu.be/eb6fW0Gx5WU)

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable): It's a cool idea (to me) that I feel I'd have fun roleplaying. About 3 OOC years ago, this character roleplayed summoning by firing blanks before the Youkai would come out, mostly for showing off rather than them actually coming out of a gun made for it. I feel that it would be more smooth if it wasn't all that fake, which is why I'm making this request/application.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request: Hope is a Summoner who, as of this moment, has 24 Youkai contracts. She is adept when it comes to the Youkai arts and would eventually look into the idea of spicing up her evoking skills. I have been previously informed by two different GMs that it should be fine to store Youkai within magic cards and a golden box, the latter of which was approved with the context that it was an illusionist summoner, but the idea of a gun having them is relatively different compared to these which is a huge part of why I have written this. I can provide screenshots of my conversations with the aforementioned GMs if requested. Here are screenshots of Hope's companion menu in-game:

[Image: DgwSFF2.png]
[Image: ZHYPU8p.png]
[Image: k0TUl1A.png]

I'm willing to make changes to the concept if requested!
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread
Hope - Spirit Evoker (Youkai) - by Fern - 11-17-2020, 02:16 AM
RE: Hope - Spirit Evoker (Youkai) - by Slydria - 11-19-2020, 12:58 AM
RE: Hope - Spirit Evoker (Youkai) - by Fern - 11-19-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: Hope - Spirit Evoker (Youkai) - by Slydria - 11-19-2020, 01:37 AM