Poll: What to do with Lief?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Punch Lief
66.67%
10 66.67%
Hug Lief
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Irony of Change
I don't think this should be taken as a personal insult towards anyone. As I doubt the post is targeted explicitly at any specific individual. I feel as though the suggestions here make sense but also can be resolved in time.

1. I have no issue with people being OOC. Sometimes they don't want to RP, but want to play the game. Or chat with friends. The OOC corner being removed genuinely removed one of the few gathering places for PEOPLE rather than characters. For all it's flaws the convenience of being able to say hi to people 10 minutes before bed was one I don't get anywhere else. If the world had more for us to do, then OOC wouldn't be a problem.

2. There isn't really any means to stop this. However it is a cultural thing, you either break off to squares to RP without fear of PVP, or you go to the arenas where PVP is almost mandatory, meaning that people arms race their builds so as to not have their IC be demeaned by someone who is the weakest in their clan, or the runt of the litter, or 14 years old with a cursed sword. This one would be resolved more easily if people watched Wrestling. Genuinely.

3. So long as your theme remains in line with your classes then I'm gucci with it. But there is a habit of people dropping thematically appropriate builds for meta combinations when their original is nerfed. Watch wrestling, sell a little for people.

There are issues here, but so long as lore compendiums come to exist in the near future as Dev has mused over. More tools to encourage public antagonists with conflict rules, and some genuine concern for the merit of others characters. Then we'll improve. If not, then I don't know what to say. There are issues here at play that can't be simply resolved by enforcing mechanics or enforcing IC.

A lot of your concerns would reflect people being more considerate of other people. Or their own characters.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Balor's post:
  • Jupiter_Storm, Miller, Noxid

Messages In This Thread
The Irony of Change - by LiefDeltora - 11-17-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Mr.SmileGod - 11-18-2020, 01:54 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Balor - 11-18-2020, 03:38 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Miller - 11-18-2020, 03:49 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Shujin - 11-18-2020, 04:03 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Perdition - 11-18-2020, 04:18 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by WaifuApple - 11-18-2020, 06:38 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Noxid - 11-18-2020, 11:21 AM