Poll: What to do with Lief?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Punch Lief
66.67%
10 66.67%
Hug Lief
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Irony of Change
I’m confused as to what the point is about builds and choosing for “IC” as opposed to power. It’s difficult for AAA games to get balance right. This is just a byond game being worked on by one person. It’s going to be unbalanced, probably wildly so, and especially when it comes to 1v1s. I don’t see a point in begrudging that your “IC” build will be weaker than someone going meta. That’s the nature of any game with pvp in it. There’s always a best option. There are always weaker options. Skill can overcome difference in raw power between builds but sometimes it doesn’t. That’s just how games work.

Now, since this is also an RP game, that might not feel the best. Maybe you want a strong character with a build fitting for it but that build happens to be on the weaker side of things. That’s why I personally advocated for mechanical advantages that can be applied for or as a reward for roleplay. Ultimately I think that’s the only way you’re going to be able to alleviate that issue. Playing something “worse” can be pulled off better if you’re given the tools to do so. If you deserve them.

The reason that this is ideal is because pvp is here to stay. Honestly, I wouldn’t want it gone. Fully RPing fights out is both a long process and one that leads to salt a lot of the time because two people want their characters to win and they have to determine which one is going to lose. pvp rectifies this and it’s why it’s a popular option in other bigger RP games like Eternia and DBRP variants. Now, if you and someone else agree to fully RP your fight out then by all means. But that option can’t be forced. Which loops back to my point about mechanical advantages being something that should be rewarded for roleplay.

Other than that, sometimes you have to remember that at the end of the day this is a game. One that is unbalanced, and that you can stick to IC and that’s perfectly fine, but that also means you’ll have to eat some losses if you’re in a combat situation and the other person just has the better build. That sucks but that is the nature of this game.

Messages In This Thread
The Irony of Change - by LiefDeltora - 11-17-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Mr.SmileGod - 11-18-2020, 01:54 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Balor - 11-18-2020, 03:38 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Miller - 11-18-2020, 03:49 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Shujin - 11-18-2020, 04:03 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Perdition - 11-18-2020, 04:18 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by WaifuApple - 11-18-2020, 06:38 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Noxid - 11-18-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Balor - 11-18-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: The Irony of Change - by Jupiter_Storm - 11-18-2020, 04:17 PM