Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Issues with Glancing Blows / Full Evasion
Crazy idea time.

Remove hit and dodge bonuses from classes/enchantments. This way it is raw stat V stat.

BUT HERE IS WHERE IT GETS CRAZY.

Give people buttons to say 'My next ability hits' or 'I dodge the next ability'. So people still have the ability to pay resource to guarantee their strike lands. Or, if you see that big chonkin' evoke coming- you can dodge it.

'But Kaz,' , I hear you say. 'Where's the counterplay?'

COOLDOWNS. Give these bad boys a 3-5 round cooldown and make part of the experience a fighting game mentality of faking out your opponent into popping their CD early.

Someone charging an evoke can skip to make the Perfect Dodge™ wear off. Make Perfect Dodge and Perfect Strike™ nullify one another and bring things back to sheer chance. This keeps people from having Glancing Woes, it keeps people from having to splash classes that don't match their IC simply to have enough stats to compete in the big boy games, and it keeps us from having to go into every class that doesnt have a hit/evade buff and go 'Okay now you have to spend points on these instead of what you actually want to use so you can actually participate.'

Someone could probably expand on this idea more than I can. But this is 100% the result of a fever and too much time reading old ttrpgs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Issues with Glancing Blows / Full Evasion - by Kazzy - 10-25-2021, 11:41 AM