Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern
(02-06-2022, 12:04 AM)Maksimum_Fire Wrote: My only thoughts on the combat angle that I'll be dropping here is-  Yeah.  I agree that combat is a mess right now.  And that's going to affect Korvara's system negatively.  For grinding, I don't imagine it'll take long for players to get up to level 60 if there's no level caps, and if scaling Black Doors or Static Dungeons exist.  Those area already ifs though, which is why it's hard to speculate too much.

Yep, that. And more personally speaking, I just wish and hope the opportunity of a SL2.5 is not wasted on making the game exact the same as mainland. If the aspects are less than 50% different than what we already get from Sigrogana then it's probably not going to sell me that much. I'm speaking many community-driven things that made SL2 a little more different than what it is, such as one many will probably at least have heard about.

The "Hardcore Challenge" version 1 and 2, where you intentionally locked yourself to base classes until you found an IC teacher to help you step it up, and all the gear you got would be only from dungeon loot only, no trading items, no buying from shops, if you die in combat, your char is done for, dead, no 'funny retreating before we die'. Even if the game didn't fundamentally change, the imposed limitations did the trick just fine, to the point it was a breath of fresh air onto SL2's 'ol usual'.

IDK why many people hate when I pitch in "Hey, since they have no God influence nor mainland influence, why not make them more limited mechanically? Like making Korvara's main gimmick be 'Destiny-only' or 'Only Base Classes allowed'." Hell, even have heard someone go "Why not bring back Growths, since that was the bane of minmaxers?"

Hence why my snarky comment about the '75%'. I'm not saying it's hopeless, I'm saying that there are many things that can slowly chip down that 75% to a balanced 50%, or even lower than that if we get creative and innovative. As is, the "25% success chance" is simply from what was announced in the drawing board, so by promptu I'm not really being pessimistic, just being silly (and perhaps right?) about the >>current<< probability.

Godspeed to you all helping on its development, and I hope Dev catches some ideas too.

Or alternatively, take a month to fix the game's uneven balance and broken mechanics before launching Korvara. Unfortunately, I'm petty enough to accept the irredeemable trade of "new and innovative things" for "fixing what is currently broken".

Like Protect. :pensive:
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Poruku - 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-03-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Snake - 02-06-2022, 03:08 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-06-2022, 07:00 PM