Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mage Enchants with Ruler
Not exactly related to the suggestion this thread was primarily made for, but I've had a couple more changes to Ruler that could help it's current shortcomings.

Quote:Seal of Labor(plus Fortune)

Vampire effect replaced with an HP regeneration buff.
Both Seal and Fortune's +(number of Mage Enchants + Ruler buffs) replaced with 2+(number of Mage Enchants + Ruler Buffs) instead.

Seal of Labor just isn't very good. Not only is it barely noticeable in a fight, but it also procs Cursed Blood. A completely free Trait, with basically nothing to do about it. It's one of the many cases of Ruler helping it's opponents more than it helps their allies.
A bonus to HP regen is always welcome.

Quote:Cruel Enchant

When casting an Mage Enchantment or a Ruler Spell: If there are any resources within the area of effect, they are refined. However, due to your focus on enchanting the people around you first and foremost, you are limited to refining 3 resources at a time, and you are incapable of refining any special resource. This effect is then put on a 4(or even 5) turn cooldown.

A non-offensive way to collect Geomaterial while helping alleviate some of Ruler's massive momentum sink problems. With it's inability to mine any higher-tier resource and it's long cooldown, it also doesn't invalidate any of your other whip skills. You'll still need your Rawhide and Benten in order to cash in on any special resource you manage to fish up.
THE POLLY!!!!

THE POLLY IS REAL!!!!!!!!
I too, agree that Ruler needs to have a more impactful supportive capability.

Right now it's percieved as "It's great because it does something other classes don't!", but you couldn't be any more wrong about how it feels to play that, then look at a Curate who can naturally do what you do, but better and without feeling like they're tossing away their momentum for no payoff.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • polly