Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mage Enchants with Ruler
One of the problems I (personally) see with Ruler is that it is a support class with... no real... way to support. With it's focus on Mage Enchantments, one would expect (especially with Cruel Enchantment's low range) that they would be pretty tide turning. Something that you would definitely notice and make Ruler's presence noticeable on the battlefield. But generally, Mage Enchantments are either extremely situational or only function in a pair (Astral Belt+Relent Gale) and the stat buffs they provide are marginal and barely noticeable. Which is why I would suggest;

Quote:Enchanting Masterpiece (or something cooler, i don't know)

Main Class exclusive.

Having studied the arts of supporting others around you, it's only natural that your enchanting spells would have more of a kick than anyone would expect. Your Mage class Enchantment spells gain additional supportive effects.

Relent Gale, Static Air and Ice Fairy would give LV x 3 Evade, Crit and Hit respectively.
Fire Fairy would give LV x 2 SWA.
Astral Belt would give LV Armor and MArmor.

I've heavily based this off of Performer's enhanced songs. Something like this would definitely help Ruler better fulfill it's role as a Supporting class, considering how situational almost every single Mage Enchantment spell is.
THE POLLY!!!!

THE POLLY IS REAL!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 10 users Like polly's post:
  • Caboozles, caliaca, Flun, Miller, Poruku, SleazeAndSlander, the homestuck man himself, Toffee, Trexmaster, zericosmic
It's a summoner class first and a whip/support class second. That being said, this sounds really good, would be fun to have a real support angle. It would also allow ruler to play evade. So I'm all for it!
Fire and Ice fairy are in such woeful places right now that pretty much anything to give them use besides the half skill slot/throwaway enchant is welcome imo
[Image: chad-mewing.gif]
I concur, if it cant make mid buffs fast, it can at least make good buffs at a decent speed
Dev has stated before that Ruler is the Whip and Enchant class, but since being the Enchant class solo doesn't really make sense you're given things you can summon to enchant.

It's absolutely an whip / enchant class first and a summoner class second. I am all for making some of those lamer enchants impactful and more valuable.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Lemme give some of my viewpoints and some hopefully valid criticisms I've had about the class, namely flaws that do not at all pertain to their automaton game as I've tried to play support Ruler before.

Given you can't enchant people with badges anymore with stuff like Galren/Talvyd, I'd recommend that stuff like Relent Gale, Ice fairy and such gain elemental augment for the caster and for allies enchanted by them, with the elemental damage type only triggering once but prioritizing their highest elemental ATK out of Fire/Ice/Wind/Lightning/Earth. I always thought that part really sucked, a good deal of basic attackers just have random Saturn or Jupiter badges in their kit which disallows you from enchanting them manually and giving them elemental augment.

Increasing the vampiric effect on Seal of Labors is probably a good idea too, its not impactful enough to consider and there is an inherent risk to running it through Cursed Blood, due to that risk I believe it is only fitting to give them actual rewarding life steal to help keep them alive. This button is not a good button currently and is only useful to automatons which you should not be playing for in a teamfight scenario if you are your party's support.

Crest of Knight's riposte effect can be very inconvenient to some party members, for example there is a major flaw in throwing this out in an AoE and catching your pacifist healer with this button, therefore now making them have the ability to riposte an enemy and ruin their boon, as well as crit momentum favoring the enemy more than the actual attack half of the time, trust me if someone is built to take advantage of Riposte they will do so, but generally you're not. I agree with Riposte being on the summoned units but for players it should probably be a different effect altogether because Riposte is very often a bigger cost than it is a gain for people who don't have the ability to amp it up, it is not generally applicable in this sense.

Crest of Rook is the god button similarly comparable to Performer's Pied Piper, it has the issue that Metalaegis has but now with a threatening unit on the board because of it, as well as some pretty intense synergy with Kerberos who just straight up already has a DR tailor fit for this buff.

Lastly this class takes a long ass time to get set up, I'm not in favor of making it's buffs 2m by default but I wouldn't mind some sort of ability that applies multiple buffs at once similar to how Reliable Counsel works.

EDIT: Addressing their setup time, I think the perfect solution to this (in my opinion) is to have it so that Cruel Enchant also harvests Geomaterial in the range of the enchantment you're casting, that would massively boost the class' action economy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Collector, Poruku
(06-02-2024, 03:41 AM)Autumn Wrote: Crest of Knight's riposte effect can be very inconvenient to some party members, for example there is a major flaw in throwing this out in an AoE and catching your pacifist healer with this button, therefore now making them have the ability to riposte an enemy and ruin their boon, as well as crit momentum favoring the enemy more than the actual attack half of the time, trust me if someone is built to take advantage of Riposte they will do so, but generally you're not.

I too would appreciate it if I wasn't griefed by the mostly useless cloud of buffs.

Please. Pretty please.
I appreciate any changes that make Ruler a class that is meant to support its allies instead of its enemies.
[-] The following 4 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Collector, polly, Toffee, zericosmic
If Ruler is supposed to be a buff and whip class it's pretty bad at it. I definitely think it needs some help in those areas, and this is a good start. At least if the buffs are good the builds that focus on whips can also use those well to have some decent effectiveness. But it really lacks some sort of basic attack oompf
I swear. It's copium.

I want Ruler to be good. I keep running Ruler. But Orso running Ruler isn't running Ruler to do any funny shenanigans. It's running ruler for a 1m eat ability to recover 10% of my HP and 15% of my FP every few turns.

It's getting +CRIT on a no-luck character for using enchnats to buff myself. It's for getting to use Enchant Shield and get "You hit me. Take damage." So many of the abilities in Ruler I just straight up dot use because they are kind of bad. I don't feel like I'm able to support anyone with it, and that I'm more actually just a swap position/I summon a pawn so you can eat it for 1m (hope you are not a Duelist or Twin Dancer that can't afford to lose an attack)

Everything takes too long to set up (Summons), if I spend 5 enchants worth of buffs (15m). I get +50 crit and +50 damage on one attack with a whip. The class feels like it's trying to do everything at once, and failing simultaneously.

Crest of the Knight generally messes your team up more than it helps (Crit momentum turn skip shenanigans)
Crest of the Bishop is a good button, but you never really want a Bishop pawn
Crest of the Rook is great, synergizes with stuff. Sad that it killed GUARDING AND SACRIFICING ON SOMEONE FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON ARRIVAL

The queen is fundamentally bad, and costs a lot.
Geomaterial generation is slow, and once you get 'behind', there is generally just no coming back.

Ruler's prep game is hoping that your opponent starts a fair distance away and hoping that they DO have to prep.

I know this is kind of a dumb thought, but pawns requiring energy feels a little bad, and in my brain I keep playing it in my head...

What if the pieces were Tower Defense style auto-shooters instead. Sad