Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobilize and it´s effects
I'm just.

Gonna say this...

Having immobilize destroy all of these effects is going to be very dangerous. And we're buffing archers again. The Thorn Shooter is going to come back with even more force than before, and melee people won't be able to do literally anything about it.

Let's either A) Nerf the Thorn Shooter to remover the on-crit immobilize... Or give people some sort of immunity from being perma-immobilized into being a pin cushion. because, honestly... This was made to make Immobilize 'worthwhile'. Now it's one of the most cock-blockiest things you can do in the entire game against a melee person. Which, as an archer, you already countered them.

This is just gonna make life a living hell for literally everyone so let's either A) Just make these skill have half their normal range (or just fail sometimes)... or B) Nerf Thorn Shooter to stop this crap from happening.

EDIT:

Or you know, have it so that the range for these moves have HALF range (barring leaping lizard which just won't work). So you sidecut 2 tiles, haunting for half the range, etc. However your MOVEMENT is auto-set to 0. This stops Charge shenanigans. This stops heaven kick.

Let's just not make an overpowered status.
Yeah it's gonna be absolutely ridiculous to deal with if the change goes through.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
a happy medium will be found eventually, just wait and see how it performs.
I don't think it will be a smart idea, it'll make the status effect way too good, way way too good than it needs to be, I'm all for immobilization buffs, however this is not the way to go.
Just gonna say...

Looking forward to the Arbalests with Thorn Shooters immobilizing everybody from 15 range. 8D

On a more serious note, agreed with Sawrock for the most part.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
As someone who's been trying to get this point across since dirt was invented, it's nice to finally see Immobilize get the buff it needed.

Beyond nerfing Thorn Shooter (because I don't see a map-long Immobilize infliction like this going over well), as long as we have a few exceptions to the rule (I.e. Voidgate, Swap Position, Rescue), I think Immobilize will be at least somewhat balanced here.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
You guys really don't get how powerful immobilize will be if this change goes through, do you? It'll make it basically a stun and the infinite kite potential of anyone with immobilize will essentially make most builds useless against this sort of thing if the immobilizer has any sort of brain, I'd rather give this effect to restrain, which as far as I know, is a seperate status effect that REQUIRES you to be in 1 RANGE of your opponent, and is only applied by pincers.

Please for the love of god, do not make immobilize this powerful, the sheer fact it's even being considered is beyond all forms of balance.
Most of the issue lies with Burn-Up/Leaping Serpent/winged flying shenanigans and Ingrain-workarounds in my point-of-view.

I would much rather see the nerf I tried to get passed with Legumes take effect for the people who attempt to Install them and then abuse these mechanics.

Throwing this here due to slight relevance:

[Mechanic] Uprooting Vs. Legumes: http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...104#p15259
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Spoops" Wrote:You guys really don't get how powerful immobilize will be if this change goes through, do you?
No, Spo, we can't read your mind. All we can read are the constant 'i don't like this' posts that contribute nothing to your argument but pure sodium chloride.

In other words, stop whining and start explaining yourself. Take this advice for the rest of your Balance Fu posts as well, because quite frankly, your approach to disagreements has been growing more and more immature as of late.

That aside, I will repeat what I've said before; as long as there's a few skills that can still power their way through, there's still room for Immobilize to not completely shut everyone down. Right now, the most concrete 'this will be broken' example provided is the Thorn Shooter, which just about everyone so far has agreed to be something worth nerfing. Other than that, I have no issue with seeing how Immobilize turns out. At worst, something that will either pop up in the beta server or may last up to one week on the live server will not literally ruin anything and everything, especially when player-side inflictions are few and far between compared to monster-side inflictions.

"Exxy" Wrote:Most of the issue lies with Burn-Up/Leaping Serpent/winged flying shenanigans and Ingrain-workarounds in my point-of-view.
The main issue is that Immobilize's anti-movement effect is made useless from the extreme amount of movement skills that can step around it, which not only gives Synthesis mobility in player hands, but also kills half the point of Corpse Hands. A serious culling of workarounds enables Immobilize to actually hold weight.

Now, if it killed -every- movement skill? Yes, that would be kind of ridiculous, even with the fact that a few classes/trees can still work around that.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:
"Exxy" Wrote:Most of the issue lies with Burn-Up/Leaping Serpent/winged flying shenanigans and Ingrain-workarounds in my point-of-view.
The main issue is that Immobilize's anti-movement effect is made useless from the extreme amount of movement skills that can step around it, which not only gives Synthesis mobility in player hands, but also kills half the point of Corpse Hands. A serious culling of workarounds enables Immobilize to actually hold weight.

Now, if it killed -every- movement skill? Yes, that would be kind of ridiculous, even with the fact that a few classes/trees can still work around that.

I can agree to it needing some added weight to it being an actual status condition but I would prefer it remain out of the hands of players that would abuse current instances available to them (like they do as is with a certain Youkai, granted it's fallen out of popular meta a bit in favor of the new flashy gimmicks available; it's still an issue).

Namely being the bow that afflicts targets with the condition, which should go outright if this passes. If I'm missing any instances aside from that and the Install effect via Legume's Ingrain, please let me know.

EDIT: I would like to see Immobilize be made an effect only triggered via NPC/event mobs, to be honest. Nothing players can openly use at their disposal (unless we're counting via self-inflicted statuses, like Install's Ingrain).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy