Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item: Gremory's Locket
"Spoops" Wrote:It could halve charm level or something if the DR is an issue, let's not have 1 item potentially ruin an entire build, similar to how bravery doesn't give you total immunity to fear and hesitation.

But red cape and braveheart does. Compare a penalty to hit to 10/30/60% damage reduction and a 10/30/60% chance to body block all sources of damage if you're adjacent. The latter is far more powerful.
Red Cape gives you the immunity below 50% HP, thus my first post, and Braveheart is a torso item slot, and that's a really important slot, if this is an accessory slot it's super easy to throw it on for instant immunity towards what may be one character's most reliable status effect, though facing vampires nowadays does make me salty so I do see where you're coming from, would also help against Alraunes, and I'd prefer some way to play against charm, though I just think it needs some sort of requirement or drawback if it's in the accessory slot, a slot that most don't exactly care about switching around on the fly.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Maybe we should go pokemon rules on charm, statistical genders and gender attractions.
I'll repeat myself, again: if the issue is Vampires (from a PC standpoint only), then we need to nerf THEIR instance of Charm, not the entire thing just to have counterplay on them.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Kameron8" Wrote:Well, Charm only comes from like three different sources as far as I know. Wink, Lunar Lunatism, and Sweet Leaf. It's not quite the as accessible as Ice Damage, Fire Damage, or even Fear or Hesitation, and we have immunities/absorptions for those effects. I think an accessory with just immunity: Charm would be fine. On the extreme end Charm is the most insane damage reduction in the game, so the item would be undoubtedly useful.

1. Fire and Ice Absorbs come with nasty drawbacks
2. Red Cape requires your HP to go down to a certain level, and even then, only gives you a temporary immunity
3. Braveheart demands that you give up your torso slot, and Hesitation has less sources than Charm, if memory serves me correctly
4. Shaitans are forced to stick with very low SAN in order to achieve Charm immunity, often leaving them with less HP/FP than others and very poor Status Resistance

No, it would not be fine. It's basically an unstoppable immunity to a potent status effect with no real drawback to the user, no requirements to fulfill, and no burden on the user's equipment slots. The most this item would be is Charm immunity on a Hands or Torso item. Any more than that, and you've got a free pass to not bothering with SAN/FAI when Charm pops up.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Exxy" Wrote:I'll repeat myself, again: if the issue is Vampires (from a PC standpoint only), then we need to nerf THEIR instance of Charm, not the entire thing just to have counterplay on them.

Nah, it's just because the concept of charm is weird on a game where ERP is not allowed. K? K.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Nah, it's just because the concept of charm is weird on a game where ERP is not allowed. K? K.

kill urself

Anyway, I don't see a problem with this. It's a single accessory that makes you immune to a single, minor status aliment. And let's remember that Red Cape also gives 20 HP.

There is nothing game-breaking, OP, or what have, about this.
[Image: 728daabd1d06463d4458817a55e80d3f09da5d88.gif]
            "Nothing good ever comes of her laughter. And she's always laughing."
[Image: ae1249ba537fe4f2c0b55eeb8655f8744028e0f7.gif]