Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
Conduiz Vorpal Fang.

Can be used with any class due to Dagger. LUC/GUI based. GUI increases Critical Damage (from magic? Probably. But we have a talent for that too). High Critical Hit chance after weapon parts. Etc. Doesn't it sound a bit familiar? The difference is just that one is shaped like a thunder, and the other resembles a BananaKatana.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Make strength decent enough so that it's not undesirable. Nerf Raijin to 50% Skill 25% Luck.
I think 40% SKI 40% LUC would be a decent choice too, if changing the scaling is too necessary.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree that the Raijin should -probably- not scale as it currently does, given that every other katana in the series scales on STR, I don't see why the one that scales on both of the hit stats should be the exception. As already stated, the Akujin and Sanjin both scale off STR, so it's not a stretch for the Raijin to fall in line.

As it stands, it's vastly superior to most if not all swords in the game due to the lack of a STR requirement, thus freeing up stats that otherwise served little purpose. Unless STR gets overhauled, anything lacking a STR requirement is generally superior if you're not using Fire ATK. If scaling like Raijin's got implemented into others swords, they'd be the only ones ever used by people who knew about them.

Raijin stands out as a sword because literally every single other sword until now has had a STR scaling, often being the higher number or at least equal with the other stats involved. With STR out of the equation, builds utilizing the Raijin as opposed to a build utilizing literally any other sword will be more effective given they've more stats providing them utility that would've been lost to STR.

TL;DR
If swords without STR scaling become a thing they'll be vastly superior to STR scaling swords until STR gets overhauled, so Raijin should be swapped to 60 STR 40 LUC like all the other Jin swords.

--I see many more posts were made since I typed this.

I understand that this will mess with people who immediately spec'd themselves to use a Raijin for the exact benefits I mentioned before. This is no one's fault but their own. I don't want to sound mean, but they -probably- knew how busted it was, so it being brought to light for balance reasons shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

And yes, there are weapons that lack STR scaling outside of swords. This is about swords. Swords have been balanced around needing an amount of STR to deal damage with them, until now. Unless Dev decides that STR is going out the window and everybody gets a Raijin, then I think Raijin's scaling needs to be put in line with the other swords either by setting it to STR LUC, docking its total scalings, or adjusting it in a way like Spoops suggested (STR/SKI/LUC).
I think this weapon wouldn´t be THAT over bearing if the other Katanas actually got in line with the scaling of it...All of those swords are 7 star weapons so I guess you should sorta expect them to be good. The main problem here is that the Lightning Katana is the only one that scales with Ski and that even better than the Ice katana, which makes no sense.
Maybe we change the Katanas scaling generally to this:
40% Ski scaling
60% Element stat scaling

For Akujin since it´s a defensive stat 30% Res and shove the other 30% to Strength? or even skill, I kinda feel that weapon deserved it more than Raijin cause Darkness is a universally resisted stat, so it would be fine.

And if 100% Skill scaling for a single weapon is to much even when I feel like it would still be fine. push 30% of the elemental scaling to Ski to make it 70% and the last 30% into....I don´t know Will? Str? ...I personally prefer will cause else it would just be an icy hakouhen.
Here's the issue, Swords are a versatile weapon, Lightning is a versatile element due to the nature surrounding it's builds, such as materials like Conduiz, and then on top of that the lightning sword's scaling is versatile, thunderhooves exist to further benefit these builds to make someone even more versatile, and then with it's scaling it's able to push other lightning themed weapons out of the way because of this.

I'll re-iterate, lightning is way too powerful an element to give this scaling, also it doesn't just take away from other lightning themed weapons, it also just takes away from the sword pool, why ever run Sanjin, Fuuma, wo-dao, Hakouhen Katana, the new katanas that have STR scaling, when you can run this simple to stat for weapon.

You either change every katana and lightning themed weapon to SKI scaling or you chop away the pure SKI scaling of this weapon, like I suggested before would be good enough: 25% STR, 50% SKI, 25% LUC, this way if you want to stat for damage with this weapon you can, by building a damage stat, or you'll suffer with a mediocre 75% scaling if you go pure SKI/LUC, it's fairly simple really.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=4581

Then there's the solution. If the problem is Conduiz, then butcher Conduiz.
The issue is that Strength is such an unappealing stat that everyone wants to avoid it.
"Spoops" Wrote:25% STR, 50% SKI, 25% LUC,
I guess it´s kinda just me, but I feel like the elemental theme should reflect in the weapon stronger so 25%str 25% Ski 50% luc since I love elemental things...Not that it matters much in the long run since as a lightning user you still build ski, but yeah.

I am still thinking the other swords should just get the little extra love in Ski scaling so Raijin stops being the go to weapon for pretty much everyone, so those weapons remai great not only for autohit users.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...387#p23387

There we go. One for Strength too.

Now summing everything I gathered from this topic.

Quote:- Conduiz is broken and needs a nerf. If we never had the Conduiz factor, LUC builds would be more fair, no matter the scaling.

- STR is an useless stat because it gives nothing but damage, while the concept of Strength itself can apply for more than 'just damage'.

- SKI-based Katanas are possible to be a new playstyle, but only if STR factors in the scaling.

- 45+ People will salt globally if this suddenly gets changed from SKI to STR for 'shits and giggles' and STR is not buffed along to make it more valuable and worth the change, just because of 3 people posting in a thread.

- The SKI to STR changes could be 'soothed' if we get a Kazejin (Wind Katana-jin) to substitute the loss of the only SKI-based Katana we have in existence that doesn't depend on STR, which will scale equal to the current Raijin, but CEL instead of LUC.

Anything else, people?