Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shael's revenge. [Utility Belt kills some of the game's performance... bug]
Absolutely. The battle bar doesn't occur on the world map, and you can't use field items with it.
I think universal command for all "Hud" displays and bars on/off would be appreciated
Yes.
"Snake" Wrote:People can 'ghetto' test this by just engaging in a fight, closing Dream Seeker, re-logging and fleeing the fight. Your framerate will be superb fast without the presence of the Utility Belt in the screen. Since said screen will be cropped to fit the battlefield you were in.

Is why I ask. The utility belt isn't shown in battle.
Oh, it's that when you disconnect in the middle of a fight, your screen gets cropped to fit the battlefield once your relog.

And with that, when you are out of a battle/when it ends, the Utility Belt stops showing due to being cropped away due to the screen size shrink, and it slightly/drastically (depends on how laggy it was) improves the game's performance.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I noticed a drastic difference between FPS on a fresh character who didnt have utility belt, and when I picked up the utility belt I dropped about 10 frames.

It just doesn't seem like the battle bar is involved, I wanna hear why you think it might be though.
I sincerely can't notice any difference. It would be nice to know what BYOND version you're using, what render mode it's in, what resolution your game window is at, what your PC specs are like, and if there actually is any FPS difference (maybe Fraps can put a counter in dreamseeker, I don't know.)
Have you tried this on the live server when there's about 40 people?

[Image: 42bf05e389514371999a6ae642763155.png]
(Did not update for a while.)
[Image: fcb1e0ceca7a456b9bb6722b8a01fc0d.png]
(Sadly BYOND doesn't show anything useful about it here.)

I can't provide the FPS right now, so if anybody can do, please do.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
So since the last update, my FPS has improved dramatically, personally here, and the utility belt doesn't exactly hamper it anymore for me at least.