Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter the Matrix
*rolls eyes*

And I suggest you playing the game with an Bow against a Combo of Desperado and Boxer.

I am well aware of the effects.
That's Geist Schritt's problem then, not Bullet Barrier.

Besides! Now that we're talking about it, Geist Schritt puts the enemy on melee range, right? Bam, Bullet Barrier wouldn't work anymore. And also, Shortbows would have another use in this case. (The ones planned to be added in the future, that can be used in melee range with no penalties.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I could see Bullet Barrier getting adjusted in some way, either becoming a 'Deflection' skill that doesn't stack with Blade Barrier (and any other similar skills in the future). Or making it not work in melee range is also a viable option.
"Neus" Wrote:I could see Bullet Barrier getting adjusted in some way, either becoming a 'Deflection' skill that doesn't stack with Blade Barrier (and any other similar skills in the future). Or making it not work in melee range is also a viable option.

If I had to pick one, I'd opt for the former. Too many mechanics already encourage scrambling behind someone and shooting them in the ass, and Desperado Stance isn't nearly powerful enough to warrant nerfing. By giving them classifications, people who run the stance without Blade Barrier won't be on the receiving end of the power reduction.
As someone who just runs bullet barrier on a couple characters, its not overbearing by itself, only when paired with Blade Barrier does it get chaotic.
I mean, Bullet Barrier is a one-time shield that indeed becomes OP when paired with Blade Barrier. So far I agree with it. 'Classified as a Deflection Skill' can work. Though there are a few things that makes me iffy. Such as 'uh, then if I have both at the time, which will work or not'.

Why not make it so if you have Desperado Stance on, Blade Barrier (or all Deflection Skills aside Bullet Barrier) will not work? So you can like, alternate between both when you shift stances. It's just more interactive like this. It even says here, funny enough! [Image: 3539e9414e2c4c31a3e3d444038fc4d2.png]

Buuuut... It doesn't kill to give an opening in it in exchange for a buff, is what I mean (and forgot to add) with my previous suggestion. So, if we go by the 'melee attacks penetrate Bullet Barrier' part, can the bullet number be limitless (instead of just 4), so Quickdraw doesn't go through it?
I'd probably be for that idea if it was a chance based on stats like Blade Barrier, and not basically guaranteed with 0 stat investment.
*loud burp*
"Snake" Wrote:Buuuut... It doesn't kill to give an opening in it in exchange for a buff, is what I mean (and forgot to add) with my previous suggestion. So, if we go by the 'melee attacks penetrate Bullet Barrier' part, can the bullet number be limitless (instead of just 4), so Quickdraw doesn't go through it?
So what about bows then? since they already get massive nerfs in their hit from close range even with the talent. And shortbows aren´teven a thing.

Or do you mean, still just one arrow for all shots?

But yeah I am still for either, not melee functioning or not combineable with blade barrier....Prefer the not melee option to be honest.
Anything non-multi-shot will certainly be deflected only once, then the Desperado will be wide open due to how Bullet Barrier works by default, which is, it only works once at the first attack made at you while Desperado Stance is active.

The 'limitless' part is only to counter-act Quickdraw.

I heavily disagree with Bullet Barrier's condition: 'Can only deflect up to 4 rounds', because Bullet Barrier's role was to already block all and any first-made shots thrown at you. I don't know why Quickdraws are an option to force through it, and it's just cool to see six to eight bullets get deflected in a fancy way.

Can Bullet Barrier deflect two bullets per Rank, then?

Quote:Rank 1: 2 bullets
Rank 2: 4 bullets
Rank 3: 6 bullets
"Snake" Wrote:Can Bullet Barrier deflect two bullets per Rank, then?

Quote:Rank 1: 2 bullets
Rank 2: 4 bullets
Rank 3: 6 bullets

What you're suggesting doesn't just 'make the skill work against quickdraw', it also tweaks the power level of the skill against multihit weapons that aren't quickdraw to stupid levels. Things like Ryesers, Yin, and Yang are physically incapable of shooting over six bullets a turn without immediately turning to Extended Grip + Akimbo.

There's no issue with the power level of Desperado, and just classifying it to not work with Blade Barrier keeps it that way. If it really bothers you that Quickdraw will deal chip damage to you through Bullet Barrier, try to beat them out on initiative so they get fewer shots.