Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights Out
I support the maid collector. As well as this idea.
I'd like to see this implemented in some way, either as something you could toggle or an automatic-shift between day and night. The toggle would allow people to opt in or out of showing the effect on their icon, while the automatic-shift would be more heavy-handed, but prevent abuse.

I think the toggle would make more sense considering Umbral 'can' become harder to see at night.
"Neus" Wrote:It shouldn't be one in the first place and I'm sure some people would just toggle it on and off at night to try and be funny.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if you had any willingness to try this out, given the largely positive response.
Personally I want to ask if dev truely belives that the ENTIRE Umbral playerbase is gonna switch on and off to be funny? Do you REALLY think it'd be an issue being able to enhance rp with a quality of life feature just because "It promotes Meta" ? There will ALWAYS be offenders but why does that have to ruin the fun of the honest players? The ones that stay because they enjoy your work like myself. Typically the community is quick to correct eachother on mistakes and meta and usually they straighten up with a polite appology. All I ask is that you don't let the fear of the few bad apples force you to burn the entire orchard.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Umbrals are already a fairly underplayed race at the moment. Giving them a breath of life such as a bit of dramatic overworld flair would probably help rekindle the numbers, as well make ye olden or newcomer Umbrals something nice to chew on.

Honestly, I'd like to see a bit more of this brand for the game. Everyone gets tired of the number games eventually. And if there's something most of us can agree on, is that style is always cooler. I'd personally like to see the feature introduced, in whichever fashion makes it the least obnoxious.
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:Personally I want to ask if dev truely belives that the ENTIRE Umbral playerbase is gonna switch on and off to be funny? Do you REALLY think it'd be an issue being able to enhance rp with a quality of life feature just because "It promotes Meta" ? There will ALWAYS be offenders but why does that have to ruin the fun of the honest players? The ones that stay because they enjoy your work like myself. Typically the community is quick to correct eachother on mistakes and meta and usually they straighten up with a polite appology. All I ask is that you don't let the fear of the few bad apples force you to burn the entire orchard.

It sucks that a small number of people can ruin things for the rest of us, but that's just the reality of things.

"Kameron8" Wrote:Just wanted to follow up on this thread and see if you had any willingness to try this out, given the largely positive response.

I know people are going to complain about it later if it's automatic, potentially for very valid reasons (IE; I can't see my character very well during battle, I can't see where my character is moving on the map at night). Having it be a toggle doesn't make sense to me, either, even if it's with a long delay, and I'm not sure how that toggle would be represented in the game interface anyway (unless it's, like, an item or something).

I'm not saying I'm completely against it but there are outstanding concerns which I haven't found satisfactory solutions for.
Maybe it's time for a system to let certain skills be used outside of battle?
"Neus" Wrote:I know people are going to complain about it later if it's automatic, potentially for very valid reasons (IE; I can't see my character very well during battle, I can't see where my character is moving on the map at night). Having it be a toggle doesn't make sense to me, either, even if it's with a long delay, and I'm not sure how that toggle would be represented in the game interface anyway (unless it's, like, an item or something).

I'm not saying I'm completely against it but there are outstanding concerns which I haven't found satisfactory solutions for.

That's fair, I can empathize with those concerns. If the main trouble is people having the change pushed on them unwillingly, as well as an odd non-permanency aspect that clashes with the lore, how would you feel about implementing it as a Trait? It may detract from combat usefulness in the larger scheme of things, but I'd sacrifice a slot in a heartbeat for the visual effect. Players who don't like it don't have to take it, and players who do can't toggle it on and off like idiots.
Gonna bump this to see if there's any thoughts on making it a Trait.
*raises fork*

We need this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]