Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Undersaturation
Honestly. It's not. SL2 has always been driven by Chaos and Slydria for the longest time ever and we didn't have half the problems we have nowadays. Dyst and Sawrock were popular votes, it wasn't because they kindly applied to become one. They were just significant players who often drove the plot forth, and the whole GM-hood was to give them a little more access to make/help make events happen.

Thus. My word here is kind of solid enough. We don't need GMs. We need Eventmins.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It is unlikely we'll be getting any eventmins any time soon, either, and SL2 currently seems to be getting more unenjoyable, and has a lack of events that seem to have heart put into them. Still, though, I believe new GMs could not hurt, especially since the current GMs do not seem to be able to be around as often as they probably once were.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I haven't been around for a while and I haven't posted in the forums even longer than that, but I'm of the opinion that we do need more Event Moderators more than anything. Although I find it extremely unfair to leave everything moderation-wise to Slydria and Chaos, maybe allowing Eventmins would be the best solution. If things were ever to get bad enough to the point where GMs need to be involved, fortunately Slydria is pretty much online all the time and is a Discord message away.

But if Dev decides to add a new GM or not and completely dismiss the thought of implementing Eventmins, then that's how it is.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Different ranks of GMs would be good. Having people who can only do events and not have access to the full gm tools could alleviate some of the trust issues too.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
If that could be possible, I'm honestly all for that. We need the opportunity to be able to do bigger events more easily.
I feel like honestly Kunai Fern Spoops Ignatius Shujin or Sarah could come up with great events. Blissey if she played more probably too. I don't have a proper enough schedual to be able to, sadly. But from my being here since SL1 I've seen good things from all of you. Even kunai with his meme factor is hilarious sometimes to me, though I'm told I often only see the best of people and the people I look up to tend to have sides revealed to almost anyone else that are unsavory at best, so even I don't value my oppinion on things anymore. It's all up to God-- I mean Dev.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Depends on activity, honestly.
I'm going to be frank; I've honestly always felt like this has been sort of an issue for a while, nor do I like the fact that a lot of first reactions to this thread is to suggest who might be a good GM.

Kunai seems to have the right idea though, right now what we truly need are Eventmins. SL2 has been relatively fine on the moderation front thanks to Sly/Chaos and I don't personally think we're under saturated on that front unless Chaos/Sly believes so. However; I feel like events are often sparse between each other, only coming up once in a good while depending on schedules.
"Miller" Wrote:I'm going to be frank; I've honestly always felt like this has been sort of an issue for a while, nor do I like the fact that a lot of first reactions to this thread is to suggest who might be a good GM.

Kunai seems to have the right idea though, right now what we truly need are Eventmins. SL2 has been relatively fine on the moderation front thanks to Sly/Chaos and I don't personally think we're under saturated on that front unless Chaos/Sly believes so. However; I feel like events are often sparse between each other, only coming up once in a good while depending on schedules.

its my first reaction because it worked out so well the last time I did it, Chaos is such a good gm, I'm glad I threw his name out back in sl1 when we had this same exact thread when Sly was the only semi active gm.
I don't really agree with Kunai here, infact I think we'd need the opposite, moderators could make the current GM's jobs easier.

But its not my place to say.