Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Undersaturation
I don't have too much optimism that this suggestion will get anywhere, but it's become an issue in the game that the GMs we currently have aren't all that active. They're obviously fine GMs (depending on who you ask), but it feels like we could really use one or two more. I know that there's potentially a trust problem blocking this suggestion, but it seems to be a big deal, and this community could really use some new active GMs alongside the current ones.

So, while this is a shot in the dark, could we possibly see a new GM or two to help cover what seems to be a demand for them that isn't currently met?
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Well I would first argue they would have to be long time members and have a good work history with current gm's

Spoops or Ardatz, both know the game well, spend a lot of time, care and are truly invested in the community.
I didn't really have any suggestions, since I didn't want to suggest anything for something that might not happen, but I'd back Spoops, honestly, if we could get new GMs. Maybe Fern, too. This post was more trying to see if I could get Dev to consider the possibility, than suggesting people.
Well since my name was dropped I guess I won't continue to just lurk, I really do appreciate the commendation but honestly I find myself to have far too many problems as a person to be able to uphold the position like that, not that I think I would (or should) get it either, just mentioning that I know my faults and I'd have to work on those first if it were, just in case.
You can say that, but all I'm seeing is history repeat itself.

There was a time When a lot of sl1 admins stopped being active, all we had was sly and somewhat active kei.

We then had a thread
Then we got chaos and Ryu(Rip consumed by power)
Then the server grew
Then we got Dyst and Saw(Rip consumed by stress)
Its worth noting in each generation of gms only one survives in the long run

Also spoops gm's aren't perfect, and I honestly feel you have a lot less flaws than some past gms. You are a very good, very impartial, respectable guard player and I respect you for how 'power resistant' you've been.
Well, considering I was brought up too, I might as well respond.

I'm not sure if I'm fit for GM. My reasoning is a similar one to Spoops in the sense that I have some faults that need working on, not to mention that my SL2 record isn't exactly the most clean thing alive due to something that happened a while ago (and was thankfully already dealt with). I appreciate the suggestion though.

I think having one or two more GMs is a very, very good idea though. I wouldn't say the current ones are inactive - as far as I know they've just been working with real life for the most part, and that's something many of us need to give importance to. Be it a tight work schedule or another kind of difficulty, it's very likely important enough. Having one or two more folks to help would be good in my opinion.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
While I agree that it would be good to have more I cannot think of anyone who would be suitable enough to take up such a role. Although with losing another GM now it's needed more than ever.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Well, don't we all have issues, including our current GMs?
It doesn't really matter, in my opinion, aslong as you are seriously trying to progress the game/community and can be neutral if you have to be.
While obviously, yes both of you have your own little problems, each of you is aswell mature enough to be able to look and accept it as such. Meaning you also try to work yourself around it. We won't find anyone flawless in our community, far from it.

If we ask people who they trust enough, we will get plenty of different opinions, some would greatly agree with you two, others greatly disagree. Thats how cliques work. Some would Suggest Kira, with which anohter group would highly disagree again...So what? If we go based on that, you will never satisfy everyone. The actual things that do matter however are:

1.)Dev trusting that person enough.
2.) That person being able to work along with the current admin team. Being trusted by them aswell.
3.) That person having a good understanding about RP, the rules and the system.
4.) The person having a decent enough relationship with alteast a portion of the community, while being able to remain neutral.
5.) Able to accept their own flaws and work past them or being mature enough to distance yourself for bit from an situation to look at it clamly again a bit later.

I think those are the most important points, personal flaws aside.
I think Spo at the very least does fullfill 2-5, not sure what Dev thinks. Fern I assume does fullfill 2,3 and 5 atleast and 4 mostly. though as much as I love you Fern, you are a cinnamon roll who would probably bend when someone is going "Pretty, pretty please, we are friends" on you. Doesn't mean I'd think you'd be a bad GM, since you are at the very least taking the Fun of people very serious and try to ensure people can enjoy the game and are genrally very helpful.

That being said, I guess getting our GM team some help, certainly wouldn't hurt. I personally do trust a handful of people enough. Kameron, Spo, Fern, Iggy, Shade are just a few but obviously biased, since I also consider those people friends. Ultimately it should be however something the current GMs and Dev decide.
I am willing to return temporarily if I’m removed as soon as a suitable replacement is found.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
We lost Dyst, so this post is definitely even more needed. I know we need trust in this, but considering the fact that our GMs can't always be around, with there being only two of them, we're going to have to come to some sort of agreement or have Dev pick who he thinks is a good idea.

Either way, since this post went up, we went from three GMs to two. I think that's kinda concerning.