Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobilize and it´s effects
Just a thought that crossed my mind:

"What if the person that gets inflicted by immobilize by someone differnt as themself, gets a new commaned "Free yourself!". Would cost like 3M maybe? This way everyone can actually fight it, it wouldn´t be "Stun" level to certain build but just "Knockdown" level."

And yeah I made that suggestion with not having thron shooter on my mind.
If there was a spam-prevention mechanic to prevent it from being an issue, it would at least make it tolerable.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Immobilized targets gain an immunity to it for 1/2 its orginal duration minimum 1 turn

Knockdown cures immobilize and vice versa.

Fire damage/tiles cures immobilize.

if all of these were added I feel it'd be perfect
How about we just don't change it.

Immobilize will allow my doriad to overload somebody into the dirt 6 times before it runs out(Includes momentum spent on HSDW), and as much as I wanna make that doriad absolutely stupid to deal with, this is not the way, ingrain would hardly be used more than it already is at the moment.

And Chaos, the reason my posts lately have been 'I dont like it' is because I've had to post SEVERAL TIMES in this thread telling you all that this would be incredibly broken beyond all belief, I don't even have to really explain it because of how much it will absolutely screw over anyone melee, there's no contest vs immobilize if this change goes through, I'm imagining the scenarios now, AND there are many people against it as well, its not just me here.

Give the effect to restrain, or make immobilize more like restrain, this is my last post on the subject because quite frankly, what you are all suggesting here is incredibly broken beyond belief and would only create many MANY problems in the nearby future.

So no, I do not think that this change should ever go through, and I very heavily advise reverting it before it's even in the game.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I very well understand the concern, I myself thought about some very stupid scenarios that are probably unable to be countered when a ranged fighter Vs Melee.

However I am against Not changing this effect at all, it certainly doesn´t have to be the way I suggested it, cause obviously forgot some of the main offenders when that thought crossed my mind. But if we don´t change it SOMEHOW, the status effect is just entirely useless, and that sounds like a waste to me. I also would like the doriads racial to be useful in some situations atleast, so finding a middleground between "Well shit, now we are a sitting target that can´t fights back" and "Oh lol I am immobilized, I didn´t even notice!"

This is a discussion topic afterall. So alternatives would be nice.
I mean alone with reducing the basemovement to zero, this status effect is already buffed, cause you can´t heavenkick someone from the other side of the map.
Now add to the list that you lose this effect should you become airborne, and we already got rid of the Summoner/Ingrain/Burn UP-cancer.(Or not being able to get airborne, Whatever.)

I would be happy with those two changes alone already.
If it stopped heaven kick, rabbit leap, parting shot, and skills that make sense, but for all movement skills except maybe blink? I can only be against that 100%
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I'm basically in 100% agreement with Spo and Sderg's concerns about this, and not just limited to the Thorn Shooter. While I see why people want the immobilize change, since there's so many movement skills that it's basically a nonissue to the vast majority of characters, the absolute last thing we need is to make it an instant game-winner.

That said, I'm also all for a trial run to test it, and seeing what needs tweaking from there.

As for the suggestions of just having it lower move... what part of "immobilize" does not compute with your vocabularies? Sorry, Saw, not trying to be rude, but that suggestion just baffles me from a language standpoint. Mobile. Ability to move. Prefix meaning non. Non-mobile. Unable to be mobile. We already have a reduced movement status. We don't need to just clone that with changes.
*loud burp*
I'm fine with Immobilize stopping the following

Haunting (You basically go "OOGA BOOGA" and then run to where you want to be; according to Dev)
Heaven Kick (Can't do shit if you can't move your legs)
Movement
Rabbit Leap (Same Logic as Heaven Kick)
Leaping Lizard / Winged Serpent / Burn Up / Gain Air (Anything that gives AIRBORNE will nullify Immobilize, but will in kind not give you AIRBORNE)
Parting Shot
Snake Dancer

That's about it.
"Rendar" Wrote:I'm fine with Immobilize stopping the following

Haunting (You basically go "OOGA BOOGA" and then run to where you want to be; according to Dev)
Heaven Kick (Can't do shit if you can't move your legs)
Movement
Rabbit Leap (Same Logic as Heaven Kick)
Leaping Lizard / Winged Serpent / Burn Up / Gain Air (Anything that gives AIRBORNE will nullify Immobilize, but will in kind not give you AIRBORNE)
Parting Shot
Snake Dancer

That's about it.

Don't forget Crane Hop. Ttherwise, I can agree to this.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Maybe move+attack skills in the vein of Sidecut should be stopped too.

Or maybe that could be the effect of Restrain, and it could become a bit more widespread? Or maybe another one of those two-tier status ideas.