Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Can we talk about GS and Mass unsummon?
I think instead of an auto-desummon, just give bots / youkai / etc a status upon summoner defeat. 'Summon Decay' or something, with a duration of 2 rounds. If the summoner isn't back up by the end of those 2 rounds, the summons poof. Gives time for hail mary's, revives in team fights, etc without completely shafting people in events if they get unlucky. Also gives some dispel play potentially as well, from allies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MothEnthusiast's post:
  • Poruku
I could see that yeah. Though usually when you kill a grand summoner you kinda die next round to their summons
yeah two rounds doesn't work, the whole problem is double turning, which would still exist if we do it like that.

and personally, I think bots are fine, they are not nearly as bad as a horde of GS summons. I guess though if a railgan double turns its a clean hit you can't prevent. That might be a problem.
I'd rather just have double-turning fixed entirely for the reason it still tends to advantage Summons-using classes.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Fix the whole turn order while we're at it
lets fix the realistic things, instead! it has been 2 years+ I don't think we get turn order fixed.
i dont think a turn order fix is any less realistic than a summoner nerf at this point bro
[-] The following 4 users Like Ray2064's post:
  • Miryn, Poruku, Shujin, Soul_Hacker
Also to OP's point, I don't think halving chain unsummon's damage would be enough after seeing it in action recently. Getting 100+ damage per youkai unsummoned is insane. 60 damage is plenty. Make the first instance undodgeable and unresistable, and all subsequent in the chain be dodgeable and magic armor ignoring but remaining 60 base damage. That's still 30+ per for a pretty beefy hit in total.

Make sthenno one proc per turn.

Make youkai take the hit of their summoner's mainhand weapon.

The youkai double-turning thing is annoying, yes, but I think ultimately it isn't the real problem of Grand Summoner's kit as a whole. I think start with the above changes and go from there.
mhm Halving it and being dodgeable is what I suggested. Its WAY overtuned.

I agree what you are saying though otherwise. Sthenno needs to be limited as well.
(08-03-2024, 10:46 AM)MothEnthusiast Wrote: Also to OP's point, I don't think halving chain unsummon's damage would be enough after seeing it in action recently. Getting 100+ damage per youkai unsummoned is insane. 60 damage is plenty. Make the first instance undodgeable and unresistable, and all subsequent in the chain be dodgeable and magic armor ignoring but remaining 60 base damage. That's still 30+ per for a pretty beefy hit in total.

Make sthenno one proc per turn.

Make youkai take the hit of their summoner's mainhand weapon.

The youkai double-turning thing is annoying, yes, but I think ultimately it isn't the real problem of Grand Summoner's kit as a whole. I think start with the above changes and go from there.
imo it's less annoying and more 'inherently advantages summoning classes for little to no reason' , it should be dealt with