Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Burn that Keeps Everything Awake
I've yet to see someone build 100% Fire Resistance, kek.

Also, a thought here. Why not also make Narcus only throw it's secondary effect on the enemy if it's LV is above 150? Have you ever saw what happens when Dagger Dance meets Dual Narcus Riposte?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
guys come on... you can't just answer every complaint about something being too powerful with "you could specifically dedicate your entire build to resisting this one element so it's fine"

this is hardly different from Ether Invitation before it got a cap, but it doesn't need Claret Call and you can still use it if you heal (also it has an element). you guys remember capless Ether Invitation, right?
its extremely different you only have a window of one turn to spend your saved up narcus damage.

Ether invitation doesn't care how your hp got low.
Though, whenever you take damage again, it continues going. Ether Invitation goes on Unmarked 'cooldown' and makes you vulnerable to the enemy's 1-hit-kill techniques.

But Ether Invitation is not the big-butt case here, just the way Narcus can dish back any damage given at 100% efficiency, without a pseudo-cooldown.
Okay when you take damage you get a narcus status that lasts 2 turns ( for round change purposes)

new damage adds to the level of the damage but doesn't refresh the duration
I think I could agree to giving Narcus effect a cooldown. Two turns, yeah.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
I wasn't making a suggestion about a 2 turn cool down, narcus lvl doesn't keep growing till you spend it, if you don't attack with your narcus lvls every other turn right now in game, it disappears.

Its not a 1:1 damage returner like ether invitation either. If you take 100 damage, you get 100 narcus level, which is 100 fire magic damage that will get reduced by enemy fire resist AND enemy magic armor and Res%. You are lucky if return 80 damage back.

if the enemy has 10 magic armor ( reasonable and could be higher) 10 fire resist (reasonable could be higher) and 30 res ( averagish for non res tanks).
100 down to 90 from fire resist. -10 from armor, 80-30% = 56 damage from 100 taken

now lets say the enemy has 35 fire resist, which is reasonable if they go into the fight suspsecting to take a bit of fire damage and ONLY equipped a flame walker boot. 100 damage-35% to 65, -10 from magic armor, down to 55 (already lower before) -30% to 38.5

Now for posterity I've been able to build into the mid 50's fire resist

Mayella +30% fire resist +5% from flame resistant material
flame walker boots +30% +5%from flame resistant material
decent Sanctitiy

before we do something stupid like adding a cooldown first.

Phase 1 nerf, Remove 2 narcus stacking together.

if this isn't enough for some reason

Phase 2 nerf change the bonus fire damage to physical damage.

Physical damage is tanked alot easier than magical

why ether invitation is better than narcus

doesn't go away at the end of the turn if you don't use it, can be used on EVERY enemy, Isn't inherently elemental damage so you won't lose momentum using it.e
But you're throwing numbers against an asshat who probably metagamed your Narcus and got 100% fire resist for the sake of HUEHUEHUE FEHK UR NARCUS1!!111!!!!, man. And it's duration being 2 rounds? What if you're going against a VA who can do 300 damage in one hit? What makes it fair you return to them a VA's dagger Critical Hit damage for 'free'?

It's another thing I'd love to add to the nerf train, make it so Critical Hits and Vorpal Strikes ignore Narcus's LV stacking. Giving the enemy a free 'Critical Hit'-worth damage for critting them is certainly not fair at 'all'.

That, added to Physical Fire Damage and whatnot else.
I mean if it doesn't lag the fight to run the damage of a non crit by narcus instead of the actual damage, sure

oh and uh for shits and giggles

narcus lv consumed on a miss?
That would be amazing.