Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
...how does dumping all that Str affect BW?
Oftentimes, Lolzy, Battleweight is a non-problem to unarmored characters. Just get the proper talents (+10 battleweight, -weapon battleweight) and you're fine, as long as you're not twohanding. And often low-weight builds are duelist builds, so it's sometimes better to not twohand, and instead just use two weapons. Which, if the weapons are the same type of weapon (sword and sword), you can get the benefit from the talent that lowers weapon weight to be doubly effective.

In any case, if people were willing to go with the meta and spend two bucks to make a build that's better for a new item, that's their fault, not Dev's. Dev should be able to balance items as needed without worrying about people fruiting, even moreso when you can LE and it'll let you reset your stats that way as well. Yes, it'll take time to grind back up, but at least then you didn't risk two dollars on a new, risky item.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:It exists already...its 10*

Tarnada.....

Yes, Tarnada is indeed a 10* Katana, that doesn't offer 10% Wind Resistance, does 50% of your Wind ATK on hit and scales from 60% SKI 40% CEL. Though I still have a question unanswered.

Is the problem really being a Katana based on SKI? We have a lot of SKI based gimmick weapons, but nobody ever cares about them enough for some mysterious reason.

http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...488#p22909 This for reference.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Is the problem really being a Katana based on SKI? We have a lot of SKI based gimmick weapons, but nobody ever cares about them enough for some mysterious reason.

Well since this directly relates to my old thread, let me state everything I have before.

"Spoops" Wrote:I dislike Raijin because it's a SKI/LUC scaling sword that's lightning themed, and very much BECAUSE it's lightning themed, I'd be fine with literally any other sword, but lightning is too powerful as an element and there's now a clear factor when choosing a lightning themed weapon, and takes away from choosing literally every other lightning themed weapon because of how good it's scaling is compared to the other lightning themed weapons.

"Spoops" Wrote:I'll re-iterate, lightning is way too powerful an element to give this scaling, also it doesn't just take away from other lightning themed weapons, it also just takes away from the sword pool, why ever run Sanjin, Fuuma, wo-dao, Hakouhen Katana, the new katanas that have STR scaling, when you can run this simple to stat for weapon.

SKI Based Katana need to have low power and be lightweight and possibly have low durability due to this, Raijin is definitely not low power, nor low scaling, and also encourages lightning builds which are some of the strongest things in the game due to all the shit that was added to them, and redgull crits being broken, it's not the other Katana that need to conform to it, it's the Raijin that needs to conform to the other katana here.
....I kinda think sanjin is the better katana anyway...

Acid damage, acid resist, scales on guile, which is crit damage.
"Snake" Wrote:Though I still have a question unanswered.

Is the problem really being a Katana based on SKI? We have a lot of SKI based gimmick weapons, but nobody ever cares about them enough for some mysterious reason.

The issue is with a sword using supplemental stats instead of Strength for scaling, not Ski in specific. If a katana had 60%/40% scaling with any combination of Skill, Luck, Guile, Cel, Def, Res, or Vit, the problem would remain unchanged. Daggers are a huge offender of this scaling model, and that's largely why you only see Tessens, Fangs, Dancing Shivs, and Atlaua's instead of Stingers and Hikages.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:....I kinda think sanjin is the better katana anyway...

Acid damage, acid resist, scales on guile, which is crit damage.

Acid damage is more desirable than lightning damage on hit most of the time (aside from swinging at Mechs), but you can have the same crit damage as a Raijin and 30 additional stat points to put somewhere else.
"Snake" Wrote:
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:It exists already...its 10*

Tarnada.....

Yes, Tarnada is indeed a 10* Katana, that doesn't offer 10% Wind Resistance, does 50% of your Wind ATK on hit and scales from 60% SKI 40% CEL. Though I still have a question unanswered.

[Image: d1a6a60ed0.png]

You may just be confusing the fact that nearly everyone who uses one does so with elemental augment Talvyd. And that they generally use the same build for it.
How is this not being seen clearly? Given the choice between a Str scaling weapon and another weapon that is just as good but scales something you build anyway but without Str, you take the latter every time because it gives you a bunch of stats for free. Why would I be *any* other kind of sword build if I can just dump Str and get more Ski and Luc and be even more effective? Spo is right, this is not healthy. Guns and Daggers work on different principles. Guns need high hit because of a lack of autohits and daggers... well, honestly I don't know enough about daggers and they kinda scare me as of late. Almost feel like they should have their scalings lowered, slightly. But I digress.

I'd be happy to see more weapons that scale with different stats if the stats weren't very clearly asymmetrical and uneven in strength and value. Currently, making weapons that dump Str in a category of weapons that universally use Str isn't healthy since Strength doesn't have very many benefits. Remember the Mythslayer? Remember why that got nerfed and why it was a must have for melee tanks?
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
If we're going to nerf this one single blade, we should nerf every other melee weapon that does not scale off strength to be fair.

I think buffing strength would be the best idea here rather than giving a single item all the hate.

I believe we should all believe in Dev that he knows what he's doing with these weapons.
[Image: tenor.gif]
So we wait on the results of that debate on the Strength Buff thread then revisit non-str non-dagger melee weapons. Sounds fair and reasonable.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!