Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
"K Peculier" Wrote:If we're going to nerf this one single blade, we should nerf every other melee weapon that does not scale off strength to be fair.

I think buffing strength would be the best idea here rather than giving a single item all the hate.

I believe we should all believe in Dev that he knows what he's doing with these weapons.

"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:So we wait on the results of that debate on the Strength Buff thread then revisit non-str non-dagger melee weapons. Sounds fair and reasonable.

Why would we wait on balancing the single outlier when the proposed changes to Strength would directly benefit the sword afterward? Assuming that Strength both gets buffed in the first place and gets buffed in such a way that it helps kill tanks -- both incredibly steep assumptions -- the only reason to keep this weapon as is would be if its intended identity is to be trash at killing tanks, but give free stat allotment to crit builds. That seems doubtful.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not fond of situations where only one or two weapons define an entire archetype because of raw efficiency. Wo-dao, just a month ago? Excel Sniper, before ten stars? How about pre-nerf Staff of Eyes? I don't recall many other katanas, polearms, or single shot guns being used in the time periods those were strongest.
Because if Str becomes Desirable, competively desirable to just ignoring it for this weapon as is, it can exist in healthy competition and variety with existing weapons.

If we change its scaling we homogenize it, you take away variety.

If its still the standout winner winner chicken dinner of katana's after a theoretical strength buff, then you can talk about changing it.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Because if Str becomes Desirable, competively desirable to just ignoring it for this weapon as is, it can exist in healthy competition and variety with existing weapons.

If we change its scaling we homogenize it, you take away variety.

If its still the standout winner winner chicken dinner of katana's after a theoretical strength buff, then you can talk about changing it.

I'm pretty sure this is the only sword in the game without Strength in the scaling. That's not so much variety as it is inconsistency. If Strength gets good enough to compete with already necessary stats, a whole hell of a lot more than one sword would need stat changing to have variety for swords. This is all operating under the assumption that the stat is going to be changed in the first place, as well. It would make more sense to reel in the imbalance and consider reverting it if something comes of the stat change.
I mean we have multiple spears that don't or barely scale of strength.
A lot of weapons that didn't meaningfully scale strength got nerfed so that they did. Mythslayer and Hakouhen are chief examples.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!