Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplay Content Suggestions
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2335#p2335 Wrote:Soapy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:17 pm[/url]"]Pretty sure I speak for everyone else when I say we're gonna need something more concrete than "Ryu might not be a DM... maybe" before we jump on board.

And Ryu, every person I quoted has a lot of experience with you and your 'events'.

Edit: Oh, you edited that out of your post. Neat.

This isn't a discussion for drama and making sure you don't have to deal with people you don't like. Nothing I've done was forced on anyone and was never in any manner conflicting towards the lore or storyline. Please actually get some credible evidence instead of rumors from biased parties and take that kind of thing elsewhere. Keep on the topic of the discussion and focus more on Dev's suggestion. Thanks.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Pretty sure you dragged Ard down a slippery slope that caused you to have anxiety attacks the moment you hear their name because they stopped wanting to play Trent because you did bullshit that caused it.

I mean, sure Trent deserved a lot of crap, but you did drag him down into it.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2338#p2338 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm[/url]"]Pretty sure you dragged Ard down a slippery slope that caused you to have anxiety attacks the moment you hear their name because they stopped wanting to play Trent because you did bullshit that caused it.

I mean, sure Trent deserved a lot of crap, but you did drag him down into it.

Seriously, just stop, this kind of discussion isn't the point of the thread, and your information is far incorrect.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2333#p2333 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm[/url]"]Set out a guideline of what DMs can do, rules, and things that go along with that so we can review it and see if this is something we want. It's honestly the only way to properly do it and so long as good people get DM rights, and not.. a certain... few.. others. it should be good.

While I think wanting the right people to have the job is a valid concern, it kind of annoys me how people didn't just straight up say that and instead acted like the idea itself was bad because they didn't want Ryu to be involved. I don't really have time right this second to write up everything, but in general, my idea was having people (whom I select based on nominations/applications/whatever) who want to come up with plot lines, submit them on a private forum so they can be reviewed, and once they get the okay from me, can do it in-game using some tools (which I'd have to make as they don't exist yet; to make custom maps/enemy encounters/whatever) at their own leisure. They'd also be required to take screenshots/chat logs of the event, so I can see how it was played out, and if I liked something I saw in it or whatever, I could maybe put some reference to it in the game proper later. It'd also provide consistency with other events and would be a record if a problem was discovered later.

They wouldn't be able to force you to participate, or kill your character, etc. Keep in mind that I'm also likely to be picky, because I have directions/facts about the world and lore that I don't want to conflict events that happen, and what I'm planning to do takes priority.
It's actually very correct, Ryu. Source: I actually talk to the guy.

It's also extremely on topic, because you have a certain history with these sort of things dating over the course of two games.
Your complete inability to actually be in touch with the way others are feeling whatsoever about the things you involve them in (and reality warping guilt tripping if they don't want to be anymore) makes you a terrible candidate for doing the same thing on a larger scale.

But yeah, if Ryu's not involved at all, and you're actually keeping an eye on things, then it's a neat idea and should work out just fine.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2344#p2344 Wrote:Neus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm[/url]"

They wouldn't be able to force you to participate, or kill your character, etc. Keep in mind that I'm also likely to be picky, because I have directions/facts about the world and lore that I don't want to conflict events that happen, and what I'm planning to do takes priority.

For the most part we didn't want the drama to stir up in the forums.(But it did sadly) But yeah; I apologize for not being upfront about it.
I'm fine with it as long as it's handled properly so we don't get a case of, "I'm a DM and GM so you have to listen to my plots even if they're dumb!".

edit: how did I mess that up i dont
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2344#p2344 Wrote:Neus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm[/url]"]They wouldn't be able to force you to participate, or kill your character, etc. Keep in mind that I'm also likely to be picky, because I have directions/facts about the world and lore that I don't want to conflict events that happen, and what I'm planning to do takes priority.

My only concern on that matter right now is that there's not much known to us that you might have in mind, so it's kind of hard to know what to avoid. Kind of like driving in a thick fog, if you understand my metaphor. I think we need a bit more lore and etc so we know where are boundaries lie when it comes to creativity.

Surprises and plot twists can be things (like people lying through their teeth), but it still has to consist with actual able to do things / impossible.

Lol Everyone attacking Ryu because Ard was too much of a bitch to just say he didn't wanna RP that way anymore.

Anyway, Back on Topic, I'm up for GM Events and stuff. Better than what's going on now.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2344#p2344 Wrote:Neus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:35 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2333#p2333 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm[/url]"]Set out a guideline of what DMs can do, rules, and things that go along with that so we can review it and see if this is something we want. It's honestly the only way to properly do it and so long as good people get DM rights, and not.. a certain... few.. others. it should be good.

While I think wanting the right people to have the job is a valid concern, it kind of annoys me how people didn't just straight up say that and instead acted like the idea itself was bad because they didn't want Ryu to be involved. I don't really have time right this second to write up everything, but in general, my idea was having people (whom I select based on nominations/applications/whatever) who want to come up with plot lines, submit them on a private forum so they can be reviewed, and once they get the okay from me, can do it in-game using some tools (which I'd have to make as they don't exist yet; to make custom maps/enemy encounters/whatever) at their own leisure. They'd also be required to take screenshots/chat logs of the event, so I can see how it was played out, and if I liked something I saw in it or whatever, I could maybe put some reference to it in the game proper later. It'd also provide consistency with other events and would be a record if a problem was discovered later.

Okay, so. Basically it goes like this.

1. Get nominated to be DM
2. Storyboard the plot over on SECRET FORUMS.
3. Have it be reviewed, changed as needed, and talked over between all DMs/Dev.
4. Make revisions as needed, resubmit idea.
5. Get the okay to do it.
6. Promptly make everything you need to run the storyline .where. you need it to go.
7. Run the storyline when you can and take logs/pictures.
8. If all goes well, Dev will integrate it with the actual in-game story if it affects much.
9. ???
10. PROFIT!
I don't think people understand when Dev says that no one is going to be forced into anything. No one has to jump on board. Dev doesn't even need our support for this system to be implemented, just the GMs, since this doesn't have anything to do with us directly. I'm all for it, though. I don't care who's a DM, because I know that my character doesn't have to be affected unless I choose so.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)