Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
"Joseph Jostar" post_id=34238 time=1543592553 user_id=94 Wrote:i know you don't worry about the numbers too much since we'll assuredly complain about any problems but have you considered at least running some basic math on things before they go live? I don't mean to be rude, but people were already insisting the damage on grapple was too high for ignoring defenses, and that's only 85% to hit. If we assume someone uses both moves with a STR of, say, 50 (just a bit low if you're building this as shaitan tbh), that's 85 on a regular black rend, 115 on a grapple, and 435 damage on an eclipse.

Someone dedicated could probably run 60-70 with Dragon King equips, cranking that up to an obscene 585, not only making the tile behind them a death zone but making them capable of chunking most health off of even the beefiest tank in a single turn if they've got an ally to swap position with them... and that's just with the base 7M.

The restriction on your direction is an interesting idea, really, but I think we've proven time and again that multipliers are just obscene in scenarios like this.

The idea was that it would be situational because of the direction facing restriction, but it wasn't enough of one to justify the damage. I've changed the effect to this instead;

Increases Black Rend's FP cost by 5 and changes it to target the tile directly behind you. If you use it on an enemy without changing the way you are facing and have exactly 7 Momentum, the damage it deals is doubled and ignores Evasion.
now its actually oppurtunistic move, i like it
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Could you change it to above 7, a fluer ripost will really mess with your chances to get it off.
Riposte doesn't happen from behind, bucko. But it doesn't hurt to change the condition to M
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd like to see a little something something for Oracles. The ability to spend Mental Stamina to force the Voices of the Past Trait to activate in a certain area.

As far as I know, they can actively look back, I can't imagine them being much use to certain peoples if it's all random.
[Image: nfxQVrc.png]
"Deja Vu" post_id=34261 time=1543695122 user_id=2037 Wrote:I'd like to see a little something something for Oracles. The ability to spend Mental Stamina to force the Voices of the Past Trait to activate in a certain area.

As far as I know, they can actively look back, I can't imagine them being much use to certain peoples if it's all random.

As far as I know, the power of oracles is not a certainty, that said its the more so listening to the past than seeing it too, so both powers can be entirely unpredictable.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
A slight problem with black eclipse is that sometimes the auto targeting will turn you to target another enemy thus stopping you from getting the bonus damage. Is there a way this can be disabled?
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Noxid post_id=34269 time=1543930581 user_id=457 Wrote:A slight problem with black eclipse is that sometimes the auto targeting will turn you to target another enemy thus stopping you from getting the bonus damage. Is there a way this can be disabled?

This won't prevent you from getting the bonus damage as long as you target the correct enemy.
Dev what he's saying is the games auto target system, which will always go for a specific tile WILL force turn you, breaking the skill if you have multiple enemies around you.
I understood what he said. You can turn all you want as long as you target the enemy that was directly behind you when you started targeting.