Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Smile
[Image: e94c6695e0.png]

A lot of people avoid using this weapon simply because of its scaling. The problem is that simple! It's not like the effect sucks or anything-- it's interesting, but the scaling is just a turn off for most players.

Suggested values:

70% WIL and 30% RES
70% WIL and 30% STR
50% WIL and 50% SKI

Thoughts?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
It would be very nice if Deadly Smile had some kind of sane scaling, yes. It doesn't look like a weapon you'd use strength to wield. It's very...skillful, and since it's a cursed weapon ,the WIL scaling makes sense. I'm not sure if we want to increase res scaling because of lel tank meta though. Maybe the 50% wil, 50% skill?
I think WIL/SKI would be the most logical for this weapon, indeed. We already have a few polearms scaling awkwardly, so let's scratch this thematic one from this list.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think Will/Str makes more sense, but eh. It´s whatever for me, I agree that the scaling is making the weapon a bit weird to use.
It's a very interesting weapon that almost never sees use because of it's utterly nonsensical scaling.

I approve of giving it something more practical.
*loud burp*
I'm still for the idea that weapons with multiple stats to scale off of should have higher total scaling, unless those stats are extremely useful on their own, or the weapon has a powerful effect. Since this weapon has a fairly nice effect and will probably keep three stats to scale off of, I think it would make sense for it to have something like 60% STR, 30% SKI, 30% WIL. That's 120% total scaling, and though it's fairly low for a triple-scaling weapon, those stats are fairly common for any melee build.
50% will 50% skill sounds perfect to me