Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
Since it doesn't do anything on its own it'd be interesting if upon hearing the choice of word Madness Mantra alone increased Matador's rage perhaps by half the regular percentage so 15% triggering only once per round.
Chaos post_id=34177 time=1542948050 user_id=75 Wrote:Is there a reason why this is restricted to 'once per battle'? It looks out of place for a trait line that builds upon 'getting worse', and while +8 power is nice, it's nowhere near potent enough to warrant a huge restriction like 'once per battle'.

Imagine a 2v2 fight where two lantern bearers are constantly screaming each other's names and healing off of each other.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
Sawrock post_id=34183 time=1542977897 user_id=73 Wrote:
Chaos post_id=34177 time=1542948050 user_id=75 Wrote:Is there a reason why this is restricted to 'once per battle'? It looks out of place for a trait line that builds upon 'getting worse', and while +8 power is nice, it's nowhere near potent enough to warrant a huge restriction like 'once per battle'.

Imagine a 2v2 fight where two lantern bearers are constantly screaming each other's names and healing off of each other.

I mean if the other traits are this good I don't see a problem.

nothing is "too good" until we've had time to play with it when the hole system is getting flipped.
Sawrock post_id=34183 time=1542977897 user_id=73 Wrote:

It says basic attack, so I'd assume they can't use it on heals.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Chaos post_id=34177 time=1542948050 user_id=75 Wrote:
Neus post_id=34176 time=1542945709 user_id=2 Wrote:Further Madness
Req: Madness Mantra
Once per battle, hearing the mantra word causes your next basic attack to have +8 Power. While in battle, hearing the mantra will also cause you to laugh when this is triggered.

Is there a reason why this is restricted to 'once per battle'? It looks out of place for a trait line that builds upon 'getting worse', and while +8 power is nice, it's nowhere near potent enough to warrant a huge restriction like 'once per battle'.

I disagree. If it weren't restricted to once per battle, it'd be a permanent +8 Power bonus, which is pretty significant. The Further Madness you get from Obsessive Madness doesn't count towards the limit, only the one you get from hearing the word in battle.
It doesn't have to be permanent. Just have the buff trigger once any time the trigger word is said (preferably by someone not on your team), and only once per turn.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It's the same thing if it can trigger multiple times in a battle, is my point. The whole idea of someone saying their trigger word just to get a power buff is really not pleasant either. If it's only when it's said by enemies, then it becomes useless.

I'm happy with how it is right now.
Overall I'm really pleased with the traits thus far, though the only one that's brought some concern to me is painful grip, the sheer raw damage on it is unstoppable, and I mean that in the metaphorical and literal sense, it hits often for over 160 damage per grapple, which is a little much for something that actually doesn't go vs defense and can (quite easily) be repeated twice in 1 round for easy damage.

Idk if this is the place for it but I assume it is now since it seems to be a topic of debate lately, I think it might need to be toned down to something like 1x or 1.5x scaled STR, keeping in mind that grapple also has the restrain tied to it, and black rend acts in the same way but to a MUCH lesser effect, for better or worse.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
If people want to talk about balance changes to some of the traits that's fine, some of the damage numbers aren't given a ton of thought because usually people are good about speaking up if they think it's overtuned or too weak.
On the subject of balance things, I feel the mech traits need something a bit more, A rifle (multi shot) and shotgun (single shot) mode for the raid cannon a long with weapon stats based off you other stats .

Aptitude is probably the best stat to scale its power on, probably 50% scaled, accuracy would be like 80+50% skill, crit chance would be 25% luck, damage would be weapons base crit damage + 25% guile.