Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
I've seen no issues with it, it doesn't auto-turn me, both when facing to the side and facing away of the monster.

[Image: c0Qteyp.png]
[Image: ZfrxGOn.png]

It doesn't auto-turn me in the second screenshot, you can faintly see me facing forward.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Trait Batch 7 will be up shortly after this post goes up. We're getting close to the end, with only about 2 dozen more traits unadded.

---

Sentimentality (Weapon)
Req: None
You are very fond of your weapon; you take care of it to an almost strange degree. Using the same weapon in your main hand grants bonus effects the more battles you take it into, including +1 Power, Critical, Hit, +5 maximum durability, 25% bonus EXP towards its Potential unlock, and 5% durability usage reduction. At 100 battles, all of these benefits are doubled. (Each bonus unlocks after a certain number of battles; if you end a battle with a different main hand weapon equipped, all benefits will RESET!)

Spiritual Sensitivity
You have always been able to feel the light touch of the spirit realm. If you enter battle with an enemy who is possessed by spirits, you will be able to detect it. Against Possessed and Ghost enemies, you gain +10 Status Infliction as you can more easily influence them, but also -10 Status Resistance due to your sensitivity. You will also be able to see spirits regardless of your Spiritualism ranks.

Disaster Potential
Req: Hyattr, 15 Sanctity
You have developed your dragonic powers and can channel them for longer. Increases the duration of your Magic Energy and Destruction Energy statuses by your Capacity talent's Depth subrank (but they still expire when you use Fire Breath). For Channel Magic, boosts your FP Recovery by your Capacity talent's Absorption subrank.

Disaster Realized
Req: Hyattr, Disaster Potential Trait
You like to set things ablaze, just like your patron god did in his time. Channel Destruction's effect now also destroys existing field objects before it places Cinders. If it was a plant object, it leaves behind a Smokescreen for 3 rounds. The level-based damage bonus for Fire Breath is also increased to your total level (instead of half).

Absolute Disaster
Req: Hyattr, Disaster Realized Trait
You've achieved total mastery of the innate powers of breathing fire that you possess. If you harness both Channel Magic and Channel Destruction to use Fire Breath, the fire will increase in size every 2 tiles, hitting a much wider area, and it gains an additional 50% Fire ATK to its damage dealt.

Disgraced Knight
Req: Chivalry Rank 1+
At some point, you did something unbecoming of a chivalrous being. The psychological effect on you has made your Chivalry effects only half as effective. You may be able to redeem yourself... (Progress towards Recovered Honor will be displayed on this trait when it happens.)

Recovered Honor
Req: Disgraced Knight Trait
Can only be taken after applying the effects of Chivalry's talents 500 times. You have managed to reclaim your honor, negating the effects of Disgraced Knight. Sometimes the only reward you need is correcting your past mistakes.

Crude Chivalry
Req: Recovered Honor
Applying that honor, on the other hand, well... the lines aren't always clearly drawn, and life isn't fair. Allows you to apply the effects of Chivalry subtalents even if you outnumber the enemy's party.

Agile Accel Booster
Req: Agile Mechanation
Mech Type Trait (only 1 can be selected). Agile Mechs are known for exactly that - speed. Grants a skill in battle called Agile Accel. (1M, 1 round CD. Become Airborne and move in a 2-5 Range line that must end in an unoccupied tile. For 3 rounds your boosters are considered overheating, causing you to take 15 non-resistable, non-absorbable Fire damage if you use this skill again. 15 damage is added and the duration is reset every time it's used while it is overheating.)

Versatile Roles
Req: Elf, 20 Aptitude
Elves can have versatile roles in any group. Boosts Power of Bow weapons, healing from First Aid's Healing subtalent, Armor, Water ATK, quality of special foods made by the Cooking talent, and maximum FP by 3 each.
Spoops post_id=34285 time=1544204409 user_id=193 Wrote:I've seen no issues with it, it doesn't auto-turn me, both when facing to the side and facing away of the monster.

[Image: c0Qteyp.png]
[Image: ZfrxGOn.png]

It doesn't auto-turn me in the second screenshot, you can faintly see me facing forward.

I saw the issue myself in a dungeon with multiple enemies around me. It was very inconsistent as to when it happened. But as dev stated it does not matter anyway.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Neus post_id=34295 time=1544281486 user_id=2 Wrote:Trait Batch 7 will be up shortly after this post goes up. We're getting close to the end, with only about 2 dozen more traits unadded.
At this point, I feel the need to ask: How many of the remaining traits are specific to certain races? Or are we looking at a bunch of free-for-all traits coming in with the last dozen or two?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Neus post_id=34295 time=1544281486 user_id=2 Wrote:Spiritual Sensitivity
You have always been able to feel the light touch of the spirit realm. If you enter battle with an enemy who is possessed by spirits, you will be able to detect it. Against Possessed and Ghost enemies, you gain +10 Status Infliction as you can more easily influence them, but also -10 Status Resistance due to your sensitivity. You will also be able to see spirits regardless of your Spiritualism ranks.

This one is nice. Would it be possible to perhaps get an additional trait rank that allows you to sense if people have spirits outside of combat, if they move into one range of you? That'd be lovely for the few of us who do ghost-related things.
MakeshiftWalrus post_id=34324 time=1544522386 user_id=56 Wrote:This one is nice. Would it be possible to perhaps get an additional trait rank that allows you to sense if people have spirits outside of combat, if they move into one range of you? That'd be lovely for the few of us who do ghost-related things.

Hopefully with a toggle, so if someone steps in and out of your range your chat won't flood.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I'm still hoping each mech type gets a weapon replacer trait and a body trait.

Something like this
Arcana weapon bundle- standard weapon, does arcane damage (has sword/lance/axe mode)

Rocket assisted weapon bundle -Agile weapon normal damage but increased rang (fist and dagger mode)

Arcane Repository - Tome, does arcane damage, scale 100% will and changes to do elemental damage if you have luminary element.

Some kind of Res tank option for Cabal

Raid roller blades for raid mechs

And mech weapons need to scale up based on your stats since you can't really upgrade or enchant them, like raid cannon needs

power + 50% apt, Range +1 per 10 skill, weapon Critical chance 50% of luck, Crit damage 25% of guile

An option for a 3-4 round burst mode that counts as a rifle and a single shot blast mode that counts as a shotgun

This assumes their base stats would be like, 5 power, +0 base crit chance, 90 base accuracy, base gun crit damage, base 4 range
Chaos post_id=34323 time=1544510708 user_id=75 Wrote:
Neus post_id=34295 time=1544281486 user_id=2 Wrote:Trait Batch 7 will be up shortly after this post goes up. We're getting close to the end, with only about 2 dozen more traits unadded.
At this point, I feel the need to ask: How many of the remaining traits are specific to certain races? Or are we looking at a bunch of free-for-all traits coming in with the last dozen or two?

Probably about half and halfish.
Neus post_id=34329 time=1544544387 user_id=2 Wrote:
Chaos post_id=34323 time=1544510708 user_id=75 Wrote:

Probably about half and halfish.

Maybe I let this escape my mind, but are we allowed to suggest for a few more to put all races on even grounds? Or after you're done with your planned ones you'll be busy with something else?

Also, which from the old traits will be removed? This is so I can preemptively draw whatever will stay. (For example, I'm expecting stuff like Blind Fighting and On Guard to stay, so I already drew them, and not Tactician)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
On guard should be made default at this point, its basically mandatory.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]